Monday 14 February 2022

Monday, 14-02-22

Good morning!


Yesterday's meals:

Me trying to make beans on toast a bit more photogenic!  :-)

The marmite was a tasty addition.
The pork with apple and onion was really, really delicious and adding the crème fraiche made a huge difference.  Using proper chicken stock also helped and I'm going to do this again using chicken instead of pork.  
Dessert was three titchy easy peelers.
I made the chickpea and Med veg bake.  It looked gorgeous, it smelled great and it tasted delicious but the truth was I simply wasn't hungry.  I could have forced it down but what would be the point?
So I cooled it, wrapped it and it's chilling in the fridge and I shall reheat it for lunch today.

I'm still not all that hungry this morning!

Today's plans:
It's St Valentine's Day and, even though I live alone, I'm theming just a littler bit.  I'm also getting out my heart shaped stuff for the day.   :-)

B:  fluffy pancakes, fruit, yogurt
Pancakes seems such a Valentine-ish thing, somehow.  I wonder if I can make heart shaped pancakes - I suspect not!
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  chickpea and Med veg bake, salad leaves; fruit
Yesterday's dinner, as explained above.
SW:  two syns for one tsp oil and one healthy extra A for some feta cheese

D:  chicken stroganoff with heart shaped pasta, tomato salad; yogurt ice
I found the recipe for the stroganoff in, I think, the Sainsbury's magazine, although I'm not totally sure.  I tore out the page and there's no clue in the tear-out.  It suggests having it with rice but I have some heart shaped pasta from the raffle prize so I will use that instead.
Tomatoes were known as 'love apples' so it seems appropriate, doesn't it?
The yogurt ice is just the usual yogurt zizzed up with some frozen fruit (cherries, probably) so that it goes semi-freddo.  Or I might use the frozen fruit and an egg white and make frozen fluff instead.  I'll see how I feel.
SW:  three syns for some lighter crème fraiche and half a syn for dessert, assuming I have some Mullerlight

E:  kettle exercises and circuits with Lindsey.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns


From the freezer:
chicken
chicken stock (and now I am out of proper chicken stock.  I will need to roast a chicken at some point soon)
frozen fruit

2 comments:

  1. Yummy looking meals, as usual! I am off to try a different group this evening. No idea whether I will have lost anything as last weigh in was only Thursday but
    you never know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you don't. Good luck with the new group - I hope you enjoy it. Is daughter coming too?
      xx

      Delete