Thursday 10 February 2022

Thursday, 10-02-22

 Good morning!

It was a good old cooking day yesterday.  The falafels worked out OK and the slow cooker mince is now mostly in the freezer with what I need today and tomorrow in the fridge.

Yesterday's meals:

A very satisfying breakfast.  Oat bran waffles with some fruit from the freezer (the raspberries were from the allotment) and some natural Greek yogurt.  Oooh, I did enjoy it!

Burger in a bowl for lunch.  Good strong flavours and, again, very satisfying.
Then I had an orange.


When I got back from personal training, I had my last half healthy extra A in the form of oat milk.

This was nicer than it looks.  The falafel were rather soft but tasty and the sauce went well with them.

The day ended with a Mullerlight.

Today's meal plans:
I'm off restricted eating today as it just isn't going to work with the day's timings.  So breakfast will be around nine.

B:  St Clement's omlette with citrus yogurt
On Tracy Mouse's vlog yesterday, she had made a sweet omelette and the idea just tickled my taste buds.  In essence, it's the same as the roulade I make but it's not souffléd.  I thought I'd give it a go and make it lemon/orange flavoured, hence the name.
I will beat the egg with some sweetener, lemon essence and lemon zest.  I will cut some orange segments and make some citrus yogurt by adding some citrus skinny syrup to some natural Greek yogurt.
I got the idea here:
https://elizabethchloe.com/sweet-omelette-with-lemon-honey/
SW:  it looks as if it is syn free.  Good-oh!

L:  jacket potato with chilli, side salad; fruit
I have a friend over for lunch and she likes spicy stuff so this will be absolutely perfect.  I have savoury mince already cooked and I will heat it up with some added kidney beans and chilli flakes and serve it with the jacket potatoes and salad plus some plain yogurt and grated cheese.
SW:  one healthy extra A for some cheese and, maybe, half a syn for some mayo

D:  chicken and chips, hm coleslaw; yogurt
Nothing that fancy, just a chicken sizzler marinaded in a bit of Nando's peri peri lemon and herb sauce and then baked or maybe spray fried.  The chips will be a small portion of my home made SW friendly chips from the freezer
SW:  one level tbsp of the sauce is half a syn and I will probably use two tbsps so one syn.  The mayo on the coleslaw is one syn and the yogurt is half a syn

E:  kettle exercises and my friend and I will probably go for a walk somewhere, weather permitting.

Summary:
one healthy extra A (plus another if I have some oat drink late afternoon)
no healthy extra Bs
four syns


From the freezer:
kidney beans
chicken
chips

No comments:

Post a Comment