Wednesday 16 February 2022

Wednesday, 16-02-22

Good morning!

I seem to get a lot of 'stuff' on Facebook relating to slimming (I wonder why!!??!!) and a common theme seems to be 'I lost xyz on Slimming World and put it all back on again when I went back to my normal way of eating.  SW doesn't work!'
Didn't they realise that OF COURSE the weight will go back on again if they go back to the habits and patterns that caused it in the first place?
I am sure it was hammered home often enough in meetings that doing SW was the perfect opportunity to change habits for good, to get rid of the things that are unhelpful and develop ways that are more healthy and will work for the rest of their lives.  I've hear it so many times at group and worked on it at home.
I'm not perfect.  Old habits pop back up from time to time, but they don't hang around.  Yes, I gained over Christmas and it's taking ages to go again, but it IS going and Christmas is now the exception, not the rule.

End of rant!
Yesterday's meals:

Lovely comfort food after shopping in the rain!  It looks so much more on a small plate, doesn't it?
Very tasty leek, broccoli and butter bean soup.
I had an orange later on.
The chicken fajitas were also tasty.  I had a last minute 'need' for a few chips but then I forgot to add the cheese I had already grated and didn't have the yogurt so I guess it's pretty much even, as far as calories are concerned anyway.

Today's plans:

B:  bacon and mushroom omelette with tomatoes on the side
As simple as it sounds and a good way of getting the four items (when I have a 'cooked' breakfast, I am using four items from the many I could have).
SW:  this should be syn free.

L:  A toastie and salad; fruit
I have some cooked onion and red pepper left over from the fajitas yesterday so I'll use that as a base and add the grated cheese that I forgot to use and maybe some sliced mushroom as well.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B plus one syn for mayo

Sn:  an oat drink after personal training
SW:  up to one healthy extra A

D:  chilli, rice and side veg; yogurt
This will be very easy as cooked mince and rice are both in the freezer.  All I need to do is add some chilli flakes as I warm up the mince and add some cooked pulses - it will have to be a carton as I have now finished off all the cooked pulses in the freezer - cheers - and, as there will be too many, I think I will make some home made baked beans as well.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt while the rest is all syn free

E:  personal training with Lindsey today, kettle exercise

Summary:
between one and two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns

From the freezer:
bread
mince
rice
veg
bbq sauce (for the baked beans)

3 comments:

  1. I SWORE I wouldn't be one of those people - yet there I was getting back up to starting weight numbers. Unfortunately for most - the bad habits have been there far longer than the good habits. Although, I realise that the good habits must be starting to become deep seated because here I am getting on with it - I am not going to say foe the last time because for me, that's unrealistic! Hopefully for a long long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference is, you don't blame the structure, the programme, you work on it and make it work for you. There's a big difference, I think.
      Like you, I am absolutely sure that I will yoyo up and down, but within a stone of target rather than six stone above target.
      And when I gain, I don't blame Slimming World.
      xx

      Delete
    2. You are so right. I find online, the biggest critics of SW are people flogging their own way of weight loss! SW DOES work, it's people who fail! Even though I changed groups I find it fascinating that there are the smae stereotypes of society there. There's a good mix of supportive folks of all ages and backgrounds at this group and a good amount of men" A couple of married couples stay too. But there's the die hards who must just go for the social aspect and they are always complaining about no time to plan ( Do it now,in class time says the leader while we are here to help and go shopping on way home or give me the list and I'll go for you she offered one time but no the offer was declined
      ) However, I'm not too judgey because weight loss is bloody hard and the folks who declare it not to be want punching!

      Delete