Monday 21 February 2022

Monday, 21-02-22

Good morning!
I felt rather guilty yesterday when I worked out that I was having nothing from the freezer so this week I really must make more of an effort.  It won't reduce if I don't use it, will it?
Of course, having realised this, today, typically, has leftovers to use up.  Ah, well, from tomorrow I will focus more on freezer food again.

After skipping dinner last night (see below), I feel absolutely fine this morning, not the least bit hungry, and I slept like a log.

I'm still dithering about what to cook for the free food taster on Friday morning.
Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast:  some oat drink, an apple and an orange and it was lovely!  I didn't have any yogurt.

The pork with apple and onion was absolutely lovely although I reckon it's rather a long winded way of cooking it and one could cut out the oven bit completely by slicing the pork raw and cooking in the pan instead.
A splash of cider would be nice too!
With it I had carrots, sprout, broccoli and cauliflower and it was so filling that when it came to dinner time I just wasn't hungry.
So I simply skipped dinner.

Today's plans:

B:  smoothie
. . . made with fruit, oats and oatly drink
SW:  one healthy extra A for the oatly drink.  Rules to the contrary, I don't syn fruit just because it's all blended up, any more than I syn veg because I've blended them into a soup.  Also two syns for 10g of oats as I'm having my B choice for lunch

L:  Pork, onion and apple cheesy pitta, finger salad; fruit
I have quite a lot of the pork tenderloin left plus some of the apple and onion.  I'll thinly slice the remaining pork, add some grated cheddar to the mix, stuff a pizza and toast or griddle it.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the pitta, one healthy extra A for grated cheddar and one syn for the crème fraiche that I added to the apple and onion yesterday

D:  Campfire stew with pasta and veg (planned for yesterday); yogurt
The veg is already cooked and just needs warming up so this will be quite a speedy dinner and very easy too - I will cook the pasta in the stew.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and the rest is syn free

E:  circuit training

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns


From the freezer:
fruit
pitta

2 comments:

  1. My daughter has a fruit smoothie for her breakfast every morning, also ignoring the "blended fruit must be synned" rule. She is doing just fine with her weight loss. I understand where they're coming from but....It fills her up so she's not snacking on other things so go for it, I say! Weigh in this evening - standing on the scales at home I have slipped into the lower stones bracket so am thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for her and fingers crossed for you this evening. That's just great!
      xx

      Delete