Sunday 27 February 2022

Sunday, 27-02-22

Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

It didn't look quite so pretty once I'd started eating, but this yogurt (under the muesli), fruit and muesli tasted wonderfully fresh and 'wholesome'.  
I had fun making the lentil pancake and, true to form, the first one was a bit of a mess while the others came out really well.  I quickly realised that they take a lot longer to actually cook that ordinary pancakes but that was not a problem.  As it was first time, I did them on pans rather than use the teppanyaki but next time I'll try them that way, remembering to keep the heat a bit lower than usual.

They came out very nicely.  I used the first one, the not-very-good one as a taster (yummy), made two more big ones and six little ones for an idea I had for tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I rolled up the third big one, intending to have it as a wrap for dinner tonight but it's just all cracked and broken - lesson learned - so I've had to replan.  I'm not sure what else I can use it for.
The little ones are in the freezer right now.
Next time, I will follow Eileen's advice and add some spices to pep it up a bit.

Chilli and rice for dinner.  I used one of my home grown chillis that dry so nicely just on the window ledge to spice up the mince and it was lovely.

Today's plans:

B:  egg, potato waffle, tomatoes and mushrooms
I'll have this a bit earlier than usual because lunch will be a bit earlier than usual - my usual, that is.
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle

L:  roast chicken, etc, a selection or veg, roasties; fruit
As Beth and Alex are round for dinner, it's a good excuse to do a good old roast dinner.  I've got some bog-standard stuffing mix which I won't have, but Beth and Alex will and I have all sorts of oddments of veg which I can use up.  Nice.
SW:  I reckon it will be syn free.

D:  chilli mince steak bake, leftover veg; yogurt
I have some chilli left over from yesterday so I'm going to make a steak bake with my crimpie (do you pronounce it crim-pee or crim-pie, I wonder?) with a bit of added grated cheddar for gooey-ness and have it with some left-over veg from lunch.
SW:  up to one healthy extra A for cheese, one healthy extra B (that's what I'm calling it anyway) for the wholemeal thin and half a syn for yogurt

E:  ankle weights, kettle exercises and perhaps a Lindsey YouTube session.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns


From the freezer:
potato waffle
chicken to roast
mixed veg
wholemeal thin
the mince was from the freezer yesterday
grated cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment