Saturday 5 February 2022

Saturday, 05-02-22

 Good morning!

Half a pound on at Slimming World, darn it.  It's that pattern again - three good and then a maintain or gain in the fourth week.  You'd thing that the monthly hormones are pretty inactive nowadays but Jen said that a lot of women have the same thing.  It's very frustrating but there you go. 

I'm going to be a bit more careful with my portion sizes this week and see if that helps.  I'm most reluctant to go back to calorie counting but I'll see how this week goes and maybe do a week of it, just as a double check.

Of course, I started off the new week by going rather off the rails yesterday!!  I knew lunch would be off plan because Alex and I were eating out; I had a brie, bacon and redcurrant toastie and it was very good.  Unfortunately, the evening wasn't so great either - emotional eating has a lot to answer for and what with that and the visit to Dad's with Alex, it all sort of fell apart a bit but never mind.  Back on it today and I WILL get there.  I've done it before, I can do it again!

No photos of yesterday this morning but they will be back tomorrow.
Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit
I really want to stick with the intermittent fasting and at eleven (breakfast time) I will be half way through a walk.  I can take some fruit with me to enjoy on the way.
SW:  syn free

L:  cheese, bacon and chutney toastie, finger salad on the side; apple
I know I had this yesterday but it's what I really fancy and uses my healthy extras.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B and one and a half syns for the onion chutney

Sn:  oat milk shake
I don't usually declare snacks although I do have then late afternoon, usually fruit, and I do mention it in the 'yesterday's meals' sections.  However, I have a spare half healthy extra going begging and I liked it so much with some skinny syrup the other day that I'm planning one in.
It's not a thick milk shake, just flavoured oat milk.
SW:  half a healthy extra A

D:  salmon, roasted med veg; chips; yogurt
This is what I had planned for yesterday and didn't have although I had prepped the chips and they are still in cold water.  Looking at them, I think I've prepped too many so this morning I'm going to par boil and then open freeze them and just get out half for dinner this evening.  The actifry copes fine with frozen chips or I might just do them in the oven, seeing as it's going to be on anyway.
My idea is to pop onion, pepper, mushrooms and some frozen butternut squash chunks (all speed veg) in a baking tray and roast them in spray oil and some sort of spice mix, adding the salmon with fifteen minutes to go.  It should be tasty and if I make enough, I can use half of the veg mix tomorrow.
SW:  The seasoning/spice mix I want to use is half a syn per level tsp (it contains oil) and the dessert will also be half a syn.

E:  kettle exercises and a walk with some others from our SW group.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two and a half syns



From the freezer:
bread
salmon
chips
butternut squash

5 comments:

  1. Onwards and downwards, I say. But I know that awful feeling of disappointment when I step on the scales. One builds up to that moment for a whole week then - b****r! How did that happen? Do you have much more to lose? Don't you find the less one has to lose, the slower it drops? Have a good week-end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get to target but the weight piled on while my Dad was so poorly. I was nearly back at target when Christmas happened. Now it's all coming back off again so very slowly. I'd be happy to lost a stone.
      Yes, definitely it all slows down towards the end.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It's like we are the same person and I am here with you. One day at a time - you are still exercising daily so you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just seen these - so sorry, I wasn't ignoring you, honest.

      Yes, I'm doing 8/16 as much as I possibly can. it works well.
      xx

      Delete
  3. ps I didn't know you were doing IF too x

    ReplyDelete