Monday 28 February 2022

Monday, 28-02-22

Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

A tasty breakfast!


No photo of lunch because Beth and Alex were round but I had chicken, two small roasties, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, mixed veg and parsnips and it was lovely!
Dinner was the steak bake made with a wholewheat thin with cheese and the chilli leftovers inside.  Baked in the oven, it was surprisingly like pastry, especially the edges where the two halved has been pressed together.  Definitely doing that again, for sure.
And yes, the veg was all leftovers.  Planned leftovers!




Today's plans:
I'm off to Hyde Hall for a course this morning so the Intermittent Fasting is going by the board today.

B:  overnight weetabix.
This seems to be a new 'thing' which personally I think is a bit silly as weetabix needs little encouragement to mush down and soften!  However, as it is a thing, let's go for it!
I have an awful lot of choccy weetabix crumbs at the bottom of the jar so I will use 40g of that, add fruit and yogurt and some skinny syrup and there you go.  Very easy!
The splash of oatly drink I will add will be so little, it won't really register on the syns scale.
SW:  one healthy extra B, half a syn for the oatly drink (if that) and half a syn if I use a flavoured yogurt

L:  chicken pasta soup; fruit
I never know whether to call this a thick soup or a thin casserole - chicken, real chicken stock, assorted veg and some orzo - delicious and pretty sustaining too!
SW:  I'm hoping this will be syn free

D:  sweet and sour chicken and veg with noodles; yogurt
I'm cheating and using a sachet of sweet and sour sauce - well, half a sachet - with the cooked chicken leftovers, some stir fry veg from the freezer and some pineapple or mango, also from the freezer, plus noodles I discovered when sorting out my dry goods shelves the other day.
SW:  the sauce is three syns but I think the rest is syn free providing I don't go bonkers and decide to syn the fruit (which I won't!!).  The yogurt is half a syn

E:  no circuit training today but I will be walking around Hyde Hall just a bit.

Summary:
half a healthy extra A for oatly drink
one healthy extra B
four syns


From the freezer:
fruit
butternut squash and sweet potato chunks
a bit of sweet corn
a few peas
stir fry veg
more fruit
and, by using chicken leftovers, I am keeping it out of the freezer!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! 2.5lbs off for me and 1lb for daughter at club this evening. I have 1lb to go for my 1 stone award and daughter received her Club 10 award so very happy for both of us. Apart from pancakes tomorrow I will resolve to have a good week. I have been making sure I do my 10,000 steps daily and I'm sure that has helped.

    ReplyDelete