Tuesday 8 February 2022

Tuesday, 08-02-22

Good morning!
No foody rambles today!

Yesterday's meals:
I had to change my breakfast plans which was a shame as I was really looking forward to it.  However, time ran away with me and by the time I'd had my shower, washed and dried my hair, etc, it was too close to circuits to have something heavier so I made so with some fruit.  I had the melon and the orange but left the apple until after lunch.
This was jolly good.  
About half a bavette steak, leftover from yesterday (second day steak is jolly tasty!), some roasted Med veg (also leftovers), mushrooms that I had prepped for breakfast and never had and a selection of fresh veg - cauliflower, broccoli and sprouts.  Such a lot of speed veg and it was most satisfying.
Then I had the apple.

And I managed to get through the afternoon without any little fruity nibbles!
Or oat milk shakes!
The cheesy topped steak pie for dinner was so, so tasty.  I'm really glad I have the other half for lunch today.
The usual yogurt finished off the day's nourishment.


Today's meal plans:

B:  (copied from yesterday)  bacon, hash brown, tomatoes and mushrooms
There's a whole range of things I could have in a cooked breakfast, most of them speed or free.   Bacon, egg done various ways, hash brown, baked beans, other potato, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, 'fried' bread, toast, a muffin or roll (B choices) . . .  
However, in the interests of sensible portions, I have decided that, from now on, usually I will choose four items and no more.
SW:  half a syn for some bbq sauce

L:  cheesy potato topped steak pie and veg; fruit
Mostly leftovers and very nice too.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the cheese in the mash

D:  spicy butternut squash, chickpea and feta traybake, veg on the side; yogurt
This is the same recipe as the one I made last week but with some added feta and croutons to make it panzanella-like.  I have found the panzanella salad recipe from Hello Fresh for reference!
SW:  half a healthy extra B for croutons and one healthy extra A for the feta plus half a syn for dessert

E:  kettle squats (already done) and perhaps a walk.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
one syn



From the freezer:
hash browns
butternut squash
mixed veg

No comments:

Post a Comment