Tuesday 1 February 2022

Tuesday, 01-02-22

 Good morning!

Yesterday's meals:

 Coddled eggs and toast for breakfast - very simple and very acceptable.

I had an orange before circuits.

The pitta with the tzatziki sauce was nice although I found it a bit lacking, somehow - the sauce, I mean.  I added some mint sauce and some lemon juice which helped a lot but it had that 'dry' texture you get when you use fat free yogurt.  Lighter crème fraiche might have worked better -maybe next time, if I can remember, I will try that.
I then enjoyed an apple - the last but one so I must put that on my shopping list.

The rather poshly named cheesy triple topped mince pie was delicious.  I know it looks a right plateful but most of it is vegetable, one way or another.

I finished off with a kvarg






Today's meal plans:

B:  cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, hash browns, tomatoes and mushrooms
The hash browns are now syn free as I softened the onion in spray oil rather than vegetable oil.
SW:  one syn for some BBQ sauce, assuming I have it.

L:  cheesy mince wrap, side salad; fruit
I have a bit of yesterday's savoury mince left, I plan to get a few kidney beans out of the freezer and crush them into the mince, roll it up in a wrap with cheese inside and cheese on top and warm it in the oven.  Should be nice!
(I might turn it into a quesadilla, of course.  Same difference really.)
SW  one healthy extra A, one B and one syn for some mayo

D:  one pot New Orleans Cajun Pasta, veg on the side; yogurt
I'm reducing it down to one and have nearly everything in - I will sub the courgette for something else, mushroom maybe, or just leave it out.
SW:  one syn (for one tsp cream cheese) and half a syn for dessert

E:  kettle exercises and a walk

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns


From the freezer:
hash browns
wrap
kidney beans
chicken
prawns

No comments:

Post a Comment