Thursday 24 February 2022

Thursday, 24-02-22

Good morning!
It was another two meal day yesterday.  Alex came round and I just didn't have breakfast - but, to be fair, I wasn't hungry and hardly missed it until around one o'clock.
That's definitely a thing about Intermittent Fasting; a number of people who do it have two meals a day (and possibly a 'snack', which I call a small meal really!), not three.  I'm not particularly fussed one way or the other but it doesn't bother me to have just the two main meals from time to time.

If you read my other blog, you'll know that I've started sorting through my dry goods with a view to putting them all in some nice, glass jars I found in Pound Stretchers, square jars that don't waste space in between.  As a result, I have found bits and bobs of stuff that I need to use up - don't want to waste them and I hardly realised they were stuffed on the shelf really.  I need to find somewhere to pout them so they don't get absorbed back into the general darkness of a cupboard.  If I leave them out, I will use them up.

Yesterday's meals:

So - the first meal was a cheese, onion and tomato toastie and, as you can see, the outside got toasted before the inside had melted.  I popped the second half into the microwave, briefly, to melt it off a bit and it was very nice!
I had three very small easy peelers (counts as one portion of fruit)
After personal training, I had one of the remaining Skinny Dream bars for three syns (or 70 calories)

Here's dinner.  The steak looks large but it was pretty much the same size as usual, just thinner.  As I missed mushrooms at breakfast, I cooked some to have on the steak.  Nice.
And I finished off with a Mullerlight, as usual.


Today's plans:

B:  egg, potato waffle, mushrooms and tomatoes (same as yesterday)
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle

L:  ham salad roll/sandwich/pitta, finger salad; fruit
I'll see which B choice I fancy nearer the time.  The ham is nearly the end of the Christmas ham that I sliced and froze.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bread and a bit of an A for cheese triangles to use instead of spread.

D:  pasta bolognaise bake, veg on the side; yogurt
I'll use one of the frozen portions of mince with some wholewheat pasta and some grated cheese on the top.  Very easy, very simple and very tasty.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese, one syn for the mince (it says on the container) and half a syn for the yogurt

E:  kettle exercise and Lindsey's homework.  I've ordered some ankle weights to help with continuing to strengthen my calves, ankles and feet.

Summary:
around one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns (plus another three if I have a Skinny Dream bar)


From the freezer:
potato waffle
bread or whatever
ham
savoury mince
grated cheese

4 comments:

  1. I am smiling because pasta bolognaise bake I have just written about! I had it for tea yesterday and will have it for lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had a toastie in ages and that picture has made me fancy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a toastie - but it has to have cheese.
      xx

      Delete