Thursday 3 February 2022

Thursday, 03-02-22

Good morning!
Oddly, I have really had to rack my brains to decide what to have today.  Usually I have the planning section in this blog filled in well beforehand; when I think of something I'd really like, I go online asap and write it in.
However, there was nothing recorded for today and nothing excited came immediately to mind, but I think I've finally got a menu that gets the old taste buds going.  What do you think?

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast:  plain and simple beans on toast and very nice too.
Lunch was also nice.  To the soup I added a splash of oat milk and two laughing Cow light triangles and it was lovely.  I had an orange afterwards

After I got home from personal training, I was pretty peckish so I poured myself five syns worth of oat milk and added some caramel skinny syrup and it was so, so good.  I'm really loving the oat milk.  I suppose it's a smoothie without the fruit really.
I loved this too: spaghetti meatballs in a red pepper sauce with some mixed veg on the side.  Spaghetti goes a long way so I only weighed out 30g of it and it was plenty.
Goodness, it looks a mess on the plate.  Sorry.

The meatballs are so easy.  100g under 5% pork mince, part of a beaten egg (smallish egg, maybe about half), some finely chopped onion, softened in spray oil in the microwave and spices to own wishes - I add a pinch of garlic granules definitely and then maybe cumin and coriander or maybe go hot with some chilli flakes.  Add 10g fresh wholemeal (or white) breadcrumbs, cover and chilli.
Form into balls - I use a tbsp measure and it makes six, place on an oiled baking tray and chill again until needed.  spray and bake at around 200C for around 20 mins before adding them to whatever sauce you are using to finish them off.
It would make nice burgers too, of course.

As usual, I had a yogurt to finish and later on in the evening I broke my intermittent fasting with a pear.  Never mind, it was delicious!
Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms
I have a smallish portion of beans leftover from yesterday and some mushrooms that are showing their age wo I'll get them all used up.
SW:  no syns

L:  flaming fajita traybake, konjac rice, salad
This is a recipe from The Slimming Foodie.
https://www.theslimmingfoodie.com/chicken-fajita-traybake/
It's so very easy and straightforward with just a few ingredients and a very useful recipe for a fajita spice mix that I think I am going to make up as I have all the spices singly on my spice shelf.
I don't have limes but I have lime juice so that's OK.  I also don't have coriander leaves and never will!!
I do have some very nice plum tomatoes and I might peel and wedge one and add it to the mix.
I'll have half the pack of konjac rice with this and the rest with dinner.
SW:  one and a half syns for the complete pack of konjac rice

D:  chilli con carne, konjac rice, veg on the side; yogurt
I've taken out of the freezer one of my containers of savoury rice.  To that I will add some chilli flakes and some kidney beans (also in the freezer) and Bob's your uncle!  OK, it's a bit make do and mend, but the savoury mince is absolutely delicious anyway so adding a bit extra flavour in the form of chilli will work really well - and it will be so very easy.  I'll have some grated cheese with it and probably also add a dollop of yogurt.
SW:  I have already counted the konjac rice and the yogurt is half a syn.  The cheese is one healthy extra A

E:  kettle exercises as always but I did three hours of gardening yesterday plus an hour of personal training so I'll maybe take a rest day today.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs (ooops)
two syns


From the freezer:
chicken
savoury mince
kidney beans


2 comments:

  1. It's pork in a creamy peppercorn sauce for us tonight. Low carb and utterly delish. Lunch will be a salad picked fresh from the garden and I'm skipping breakfast as I'm just not hungry. I need to drink more water and cut down on the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds absolutely gorgeous!
      Good luck with cutting the coffee.
      xx

      Delete