Friday 7 September 2018

Friday, 07-09-18

Good morning.
Good new.  2 lbs off this week.  Cheers!  I must be doing things right!

Today's plans:
B:  potato waffles, 'fried' eggs, tomatoes
A pretty frugal breakfast and I want to try a way I found via Google of 'frying' an egg in spray oil without having to turn it over of having an uncooked top.  I could poach them, of course, but I want to try this way.
SW info: The waffles are 4 syns and worth it, the rest is free

L:  cheesy beans on toast
Toast is wholemeal and is a YS loaf, the beans (2/3 of a tin that I froze a while ago) are Morrisons own and the cheese (40g)  is a lighter version*  I really fancy beans on toast today - something to do with the cooler weather perhaps?
SW free as I'm using my healthy extras for the bread and the cheese

D:  creamy smoked salmon pasta, side salad; jelly
OK, slight indulgence as regards the smoked salmon but the rest is OK.  Even the smoked salmon is from the savers range so not as bad as it could have been.  It's a simple enough recipe using soft cheese as the sauce; I've made something very similar before and it's delicious.
The jelly is a bit of a simple treat.  Sugar free so should do very little harm.
SW info - the soft cheese is 5 syns, the jelly is 1.5 syns, the rest is free.

6 comments:

  1. Oh well done Joy, you must be pleased! What's strap oil? I love smoked salmon pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, I meant spray oil. How did I do that. I'll go and edit, thanks for pointing it out. :-)
      Yes, I was very pleased. It's so nice to see the numbers going down again after months of staying more or less the same.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on the weigh in! I love smoked salmon with pasta, but my recipe tends to use cream or Creme fraiche and loads of calories. I have quark and fat free Fromage Frais, I bet one or both of them would work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "steam-fry" eggs with a lid on the pan to cook the top (if there's any clear white on the egg it makes me sick!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did and it has worked extremely well. I shall always do them like this from now on.
      xx

      Delete