Monday 17 September 2018

Monday, 17-09-18

Good morning.
Well, the turkey hotpot soup was scrummy and I'm not allowed to bring the leftovers home as Dad wants it for lunch today.   Success!

Here's today's plans:
B:  overnight oats, fruit, natural yogurt
. . . because it's healthy, delicious and very frugal.  Oh - and it fills me up too!
SW:  milk is half a healthy extra A and the oats are my healthy extra B

L:  roasted root veg soup, apple
I have loads of root veg left after making the hotpot so soup it shall be.  I'll roast the chunks of veg in spray oil because it imparts such a fantastic flavour, use chicken stock as extra flavour and might spice it up with a bit of cumin and coriander.  Oh, and lentils for protein and yumminess.
I know we're having a warm spell but soup is the frugal way to go as the weather gets colder as well as being healthy, delicious and SW friendly. 
SW:  free

D:  mince and broccoli macaroni cheese bake, runner beans
I have to 'cost' this out when I get home and I know the cheese will take some syns as will the cornflour, if I make a traditional sauce, although I have a sauce I want to try.  The mince is already cooked and frozen so fits with freezer week.

Ss:  apple, banana, maybe a pear if any have ripened over the weekend.


Note to self:  TAKE CHICKEN OUT OF FREEZER FOR TOMORROW!
(sorry for the shouting, but I really need to remember to do this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment