Wednesday 26 September 2018

Recipe: loaded leek and potato bake.

I found this recipe here
https://basementbakehouse.com/2017/01/loaded-leek-potato-bake-slimming-world-syn-free/
and I made it more or less as the recipe requires except that I reduced the amounts to make it for one and added some chopped mushrooms when I added the bacon.  Also, I didn't fry the bacon first - it just wasn't necessary.
I used a chicken stockpot for the stock and the stock I didn't need after the first boiling, I have kept for a soup as it was really delicious and it would have been a sin to chuck it down the sink.
I used frozen leeks because that's what I had and two bacon medallions, not one.

It's so simple I didn't expect it to be that great but it was.  Simple but delicious flavours, a very comforting texture and it filled me up.  It'll be great for cold winter evenings and I will definitely do it again.

(and I forgot to take a photo - ooops)

No comments:

Post a Comment