Sunday 16 September 2018

Sunday, 16-09-18

Good morning.

Thankfully, yesterday went well, there was no fall back from the Friday over-eat and the enormous pot of hotpot was absolutely delicious!
It was laden with veg:  onion, carrot, parsnip, butternut squash, potato, leek, courgette and sweet potato plus a few bits and bobs of leftovers from the freezer and fridge - peas, runners and a portion of orzo that it was obvious dad wasn't going to eat!  All of that, simmered in a good turkey stock with seasonings, red lentils and a good dollop of garlic puree with the chunks of turkey added at the last minute made not only a very scrummy and very healthy dinner, it has also provided portions for another day and some soup for lunch today.
That's why I get a bigger turkey than we need each Christmas!
Mind you, as the season approaches, shops are making their turkey crowns, etc, and there's plenty of legs and thighs available - the best tasting meat and very cheap too.

Today's plans:
B:  overnight oats (I remembered to set them soaking), fruit and natural yogurt
SW:  half a healthy extra A and one healthy extra B

L:  turkey hotpot soup, apple
I shall just add extra stock, remove some of the turkey and veg, zizz the rest smooth and then re-add the rest.  I may add a splash of milk too.  It should make a delicious semi-chunky and very filling soup.
SW:  free

D:   roast chicken, roasties, runner beans and carrots; apple crumble for mum and dad, an apple for me.
I usually wrap a good sized chicken breast in bacon and roast it - plenty for the three of us and no carcass for Dad to have to cope with after I've gone home.
SW:  free

Ss:  fruit

I've realised I am a bit low on the syns which is OK, I guess, but they do advise between five and fifteen of them each day.  Maybe I will have a slice of bread with my soup at lunchtime but it all looks pretty filling without anything else.  We will see.

Many thanks for your lovely soup ideas yesterday.  They all look delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment