Tuesday 4 September 2018

Tuesday, 04-09-18

Good morning!

The cheesy potato cakes were lovely so I've posted about them with a link to the original recipe.

It was a lucky day because the dinner, chicken fajita pasta, was also really delicious and, as I'm often finding now, made more than enough so I have just under half in the freezer for another meal, adding to the frugality.  I'll post about it later on.
Visually, pasta spirals (or almost any other pasta) would have been better than shells but shells is what I have so shells I used!
The topping is natural yogurt.
(not a great photo, sorry)

Today's food:
B:  oat pancakes with fruit and yogurt
This time I shall zizz the oats into a sort of flour and use less yogurt, just to see if I can get a thicker batter that doesn't spread so much in the pan..
SW:  the oats are a healthy extra B

L:  macaroni cheese bake, salad
I had this last week and one portion made so much I saved half in the freezer and am having it for lunch today.  It's SW free because it was all synned last week.  I'm not sure if it actually works like that but it does for me and freezing and using leftovers another day makes frugal sense too.

D:  kidney bean, veg and potato bake, runner beans, corn on the cob
This started with a recipe I found but I didn't have some of the ingredients and it had bacon in which is a no-no for the vegetarian I am also feeding tonight so I've adapted it. but I've made things like that before and I expect it will be very tasty as well as healthy. 
It will also be very frugal.  The beans and the corn are garden produce and the kidney beans were a gift.
SW:  the cheese in the bake is my healthy extra A.  The rest is free with plenty of speed food.


2 comments:

  1. The pasta looks delicious! I like the sound of the macaroni cheese bake too, I haven't found GF macaroni so I'd have to use fusilli and I think that might be a good way to find out if baking buckwheat pasta even works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. I'm loving this at the moment - a whole host of new recipes to try. Bliss! ;-)
      xx

      Delete