Sunday 9 September 2018

Sunday, 09-09-18

Good morning.

In the afternoon, to start off my renewed 'use what's in the freezer' thing, I braved the chill and did an inventory of the upright freezer so at least now I know what's in there and it is all listed in the front of my recipe file.  I wasn't brave enough for the chest freezer, that will have to wait for colder days to come or maybe I could tackle it just one section at a time.

Yesterday's home made hunter's chicken was very nice.  Such a shame I couldn't find the turkey though; I know I have got some.

Todays plans look like this:
B:  overnight oats, fruit, natural yogurt
As always, healthy and frugal.  And delicious!

L:  the leftovers of the mushroom risotto which went into the freezer.
It was overcooked but I really can't waste it. 
Mostle SW free apart from the extra cheese that I added - 4 syns

D:  I'm doing a roast dinner just for me by roasting a chicken breast and having it with roast potatoes, a pig in a blanket, stuffing and some vegetables, probably courgette and runner beans.
I found the stuffing in the freezer yesterday.  It's left over from last Christmas and I had forgotten I had it.  I have no idea how many syns to call it so will just look 'stuffing' up on the SW site and take a sort of average.
The potatoes are the first of the old potatoes from the allotment, the pig in the blanket is one of my home made sausages and the courgette and runners are from garden and allotment.  I'll do the roasties the SW way and will use spray oil to roast the courgette too.  It should be really healthy as well as relatively frugal, the most expensive part being the chicken.  Oh - and SW free.

Snacks:  as usual, fruit and tomatoes.




2 comments:

  1. I may be wrong but I sense “a new bounce in your step” possibly brought on by your resumed weight loss.
    If so I’m really pleased because you've worked hard to achieve your goal. Maybe your ankles are benefitting from it too.
    It's not easy when there are family worries around so really well done. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, SUe. You're not wrong, I definitely feel more bright and breezy again after a 'summer of discontent'. Interesting that it should show in here. I feel I have found my direction again.
      My ankles are definitely more comfortable now - I was walking around town for over two hours on Friday before they started aching and it can only get better.
      The family stuff gets no better but it is so nice to feel 'right' again. Thank you for noticing and saying.
      xx

      Delete