Thursday 20 September 2018

Thursday, 20-09-18

Good morning.

Am I the only one in the world to have not realised (until yesterday) that you can toast potato waffles (in a toaster)?  It suddenly hit me as I pondered on the extravagance of turning on the oven for one waffle (not that it would have stopped me), so I gave it a go and hey, it worked really well.  That will make quick meals even quicker.

Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg and tomato
. . . just because I really fancy it!  The bacon is medallions and I usually have two while the tomatoes are garden grown.  The egg is just an egg fried the SW way.  :-)
SW free

L:  chicken mayo salad, just like yesterday, apple
It's weigh-in day so I don't want anything too heavy.  This will do fine and the mayo, being lighter than light, is only 1 syn (I still dislike that name).

D:  Cuban beef stew with rice
Something I made in the slow cooker a couple of weeks ago and, if it is worth it,I will share the recipe.
SW free and plenty of veg!

Ss:  I realise I haven't planned in my healthy extras so I may kill them both with one stone and have cheese on toast for supper.  On the other hand, maybe I will just skip them today.  :-)  It wouldn't be the end of the world, would it?  During the day, fruit and tomatoes which are still coming in fast!  It's been a great season.

2 comments: