Wednesday 5 September 2018

Wednesday, 05-09-18

Good morning!

Well, Beth and I went a-harvesting down the allotment and came home with loads.  Just look!





We've shared them out, of course but even so, I am now well set up with fruit and veg for a week or so.  Most of the runners will go in the freezer and some of the courgette too.  Frugality rules!

Yesterday's food all went extremely well.  The defrosted macaroni cheese thing that I wasn't sure about before I made it seemed even nicer than the first time so there's another recipe to make again.  It's given me an idea for a sort of lasagne type thing at some point too.  The oat pancakes were loads better with zizzed oats and thicker yogurt and the evening bake was scrummy.  I have a portion of that left for the freezer which just needs cheese adding.

Fingers crossed for today's plans which are . . .
B:  cooked breakfast (home made sausage, potato cake, bacon, maybe an egg, tomatoes and maybe mushrooms - that sounds an awful lot for a SW 'free' breakfast and I may reduce it down a bit.  On the other hand, it sounds nice, doesn't it?

L:  I'm taking grandson to the Harvester before he goes back to uni next week so I've looked up some info  No point consuming sixty million syns in one meal!  It looks as if grilled chicken and salad is the best way to go.   Not frugal but it's a sort of 'goodbye and good luck for your second year' type meal so worth every penny!

D:  Balti chicken and rice.  Frozen leftovers and, again, 'free'

Ss:  I now have loads of fruit and loads of lovely little tomatoes.  The good life!


No comments:

Post a Comment