Tuesday 18 September 2018

Tuesday, 18-09-18

Good morning!

Yesterday's dinner was surprisingly delicious so I've posted what I did separately. 

Today's plans
B:  bacon, egg, fried tomatoes
It was going to be a fuller cooked breakfast until I remembered that lunch is a big one today
The bacon is a medallion so I don't have to faff around cutting off all the fat and the tomatoes are still from the garden where they continue to come thick and fast.  I will really miss them when they finish.
SW: free

L:  I'm having roast chicken, a few roasties, parsnips, peas and carrots while extras for Alex are pigs in blankets, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy.  I might have a bit of cranberry sauce and syn it!
It won't be frugal but it's all home cooked, even the cranberry sauce which I made yesterday and the stuffing which I froze after last Christmas, so it's less than it could be and worth the cost as it is a goodbye for Alex as he goes back to university on Thursday.
SW:  mostly free and I shall call the sauce an arbitrary 2 syns at the moment because I haven't looked up the sugar yet.

D:  plain old beans on toast!
YS bread and own brand beans make this a frugal meal and it's SW free too.  I might add some grated cheese.
SW:  beans free, toast is my healthy extra b and the cheese will be my healthy extra A

Ss:  fruit from the allotment and tomatoes from the garden.
All free in both senses of the word.

Better go and put the chicken in the slow cooker and prep some veg then.

2 comments:

  1. "Christmas dinner" on a Tuesday...wonderful! I love a roast dinner. Often don't do one on a Sunday as we're usually tied up with other stuff but most weeks we have one in the week at some point. Roast potatoes and parsnips are two of my favourite things to eat. Our tomatoes are threatening to overwhelm but I chop and freeze ready for use in sauces or soups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, Eloise, really delicious. I should do a roast dinner a bit more often, even if it is usually just me.
      xx

      Delete