Friday 7 December 2018

Friday, 07-12-18

Good morning.
Woo hoo!  I'm really pleased and not a little surprised.  Two pounds off this week.  How that has happened after an 'interesting' weekend, I have no idea but no complaints from this corner.
Just to cap it, I won the raffle too and came home with some of that spiced ribena, some Christmas spice mix, an orange, a lemon and a glass mug for mulled whatever.  I treated myself to some just diluted with water and it's very nice.  It'd be nice diluted with lemonade or tonic or < cough > sparkling wine (but I didn't say that, OK?).
So I'm happy!

Today's plans:
B:  poached or fried egg on a potato waffle, mushrooms
The waffles are from the freezer and Dad sent me home with some mushrooms on Monday so they're free (for me).  Eggs are great value too.
SW:  two syns for the potato waffle

L:  a cheese and onion toastie, tomatoes; apple
I've fancied one of these all week and am really looking forward to it.  It doesn't require a lot of cheese so it's a fairly frugal lunch.
SW:  the cheese is my healthy extra A and the bread is my healthy extra B

D:  salmon, peas, salt and pepper chips.
I've had a lot of salmon recently which is a bit extravagant, I suppose, but it's lovely, it's healthy and it keeps me on track.  I shall have to make up some more salt and pepper spice as I've used up the last lot but that's not a problem.
SW:  free unless I have some mayo with the fries.  I might but if I do I will syn it, of course

Ss:  fruit, yogurt (one syn), hi-fi bar (three syns)

A nice day's food to start the new week off and I feel very motivated.  Here's hoping it lasts!

6 comments:

  1. Woo hoo indeed! Very well done on the weight loss, Joy - and the raffle win. The cheese and onion toastie sounds delicious. Good to feel so motivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It was a real shock after last weekend but obviously I got something right, didn't I? It feels great.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy

    Wow.... well done on the weight loss this week. You have come so far by just 'keeping at it'. It's all the half pound / pound weight loss each week that adds up. Plus finding all the ways to cut the calories (however small). Although salmon isn't cheap, it's healthy and delicious.

    Enjoy your Friday and have a good weekend.

    Regards

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about the loss and the win, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Carol and Thrift Deluxe. All these lovely comments also keep me going and I'm very grateful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weight loss and the raffle ..... Sounds good! My daughter bought some of the spiced Ribena. It smells lovely but I can't stand Ribena even though I like blackcurrant jam best!

    ReplyDelete