Saturday 15 December 2018

Saturday. 15-12-18

Good morning!

Another great day yesterday, totally sticking to plan despire all the goodies on offer.  If I don't lose next week, it won't be my fault, that's all I can say!

Today's plans:
B:  Yogurt and fruit again.  It suits me!
SW:  one syn for the yogurt

L:  There's some of the soup left over from yesterday so I will probably have that.
Leftovers - always a Good Idea!
SW: free

D:  cottage pie with cheesy mash topping, carrots, sweetcorn.  Probably no dessert
SW:  the cheese in the mash will be my healthy extra A and the bisto in the gravy will be around two syns

Ss:  Minimal, I hope.

All frugal 'cos my parents have paid!   :-)
(If that sounds awful, I hasten to add I come up to help them out with stff and they are not at all badly off - I'm not sponging)

9 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound awful at all, Joy, nobody would think you're sponging. Love cottage pie, proper comfort food. Hope you can get a nice walk in - no chance of that here, chucking it down and it's forecast to last most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The forecast isn't great for here either. Freezing, a stiff breeze and a forecast for sleet/snow/rain, freezing as it lands. I won't be going out in that - walks are supposed to be enjoyable, after all.
    (and thanks)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Joy

    Mmmm… it all sounds lovely and warming. Which going by your weather forecast is the sort of food needed. No, it doesn't sound awful about mummy & daddy supplying the food.

    I'm finishing off the last of my homemade soup today (was edible, but needs improvement). Going to make another batch, hoping to enjoy that (you can tell I'm a rubbish cook :-( ). Don't think about losing weight for next weeks weigh-in. You know you are being careful with what you eat, so if you do, you do.

    Enjoy your day.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point, Carol, thanks. I'm sure your soup was very nice - what will you do to improve it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy a tin! :-)

      Possibly use a potato as well other veggies and maybe different herbs/spices that say to use for soup. Don't use spices, so have no idea what goes with what. Hey ho!


      xx

      Delete
    2. Noooooo - don't buy a tin.
      I think the stock is important. I love Marigold bouillon powder. Stock pots are tasty too. Might be worth giving them a go.
      xx

      Delete
    3. Ooooh.. I have a tub of Marigold bouillon powder - I'll use that and see what happens. I have used the Kallo (maybe wrong name or spelling), I think it was the vegetable kind. Will do it tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up on Marigold.
      xx

      Delete
  5. It’s definitleythecweather for soups and comfort food , I’m planning on getting onto SW in the new year, love that you post what your menus are gives me some good ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete