Tuesday 18 December 2018

Tuesday - 18-12-18

Good morning. 
Yet another day that went well yesterday plus some encouraging words from friends at school at the Christmas Coffee and Cakes that might have included 'didn't recognise you', 'vanishing' and 'tiny'!  Now, I know quite a lot of that is contrast as the scales do not lie and nor does a BMI that is still in the overweight banding, but how nice to hear people's kind compliments.  It made refusing the slice of cake a pleasure rather than a punishment!

Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg and tomatoes
Back on the cooked brekky for a few days because of finding some bacon that really does need to be used up.
SW:  free

L:  leek and potato soup
 . . . because of a leek that needs to be used up - being away for a day longer than usual has its effect!
SW:  The milk I add will be some of my healthy extra A and if I make croutons, that will be my healthy extra B

D:  chicken from other lands with sprouts and maybe peas
I'm trying the chicken marinades I want to use on Thursday - five spice with soy sauce (Chinese), tandoori (or is it tikka, I forget) with soy sauce (Indian) and cajun with sweet chilli sauce (Mexican).   I'll do just a little bit of each and see if it's fit to take out.
The veg are distinctly British but I don't care - I like them!
SW:  free apart from a bit of a syn for the sweet chilli sauce, of which I will use just a tiny amount

S:  fruit, the rest of my heA milk


4 comments:

  1. Great comments Joy, deservedly so. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did rather - it was lovely. Thanks, Sooze. xx

      Delete
  2. Afternoon Joy

    Woohoo - Skinny Minnie!! I so agree with you that it's easier to refuse a piece of cake when you've had so many compliments about how slim you look. I'm sure there will come a time when you can and will have a piece of cake and not worry if you put weight on.

    It may sound daft, but hubby and I have bought 'naughty' treats for Christmas, mainly the stuff that he likes :-) a small box of sugar jellies (there was 10 of them in the box :-o ), a mini box of mince pies, a Christmas cake and pudding for one (we'll have half each, as we're not overly keen on them) - found these in A*di. We were so pleased to find them and aren't worried about eating them. You're getting there.


    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be - or comparatively anyway!!
      I think you've controlled things wonderfully. Treated yourself but kept it all moderate. Well done!
      xx

      Delete