Sunday 30 December 2018

Sunday, 30-12-18

Good morning.
Definitely back into the swing of things now which is a great relief.  I changed things a bit yesterday as I found a frozen meal which ought to be used up which messed up the balance a bit but no real problem.

The lunchtime toastie was particularly tasty.



So - on to today's plans . . .
B:  bacon and tomato, fruit
A nice, lazy Sunday breakfast.  I might add an egg to that too, or maybe a couple of heck chicken sausages - or both, even!  I've had the sausages in the freezer for a while so it's about time they got used.  I'm hoping to resume my early morning swims this morning so it will be a nice thing to come back to afterwards.
SW: Heck sausages - the ones I have got - are half a syn for two

L:  ham paste and salad sandwich, fruit
 - using the ham paste I made on Friday
SW:  the bread (or maybe a wholemeal pitta instead) is my healthy extra B amnd the ham paste is one syn

D:  Christmas leftovers pasta bake, natural yogurt and pineapple
This is me adapting a SW recipe called bacon and spinach fusilli.  I'm using sprouts instead of spinach and Christmas pasta shapes instead of fusilli and I shall add extra veg such as mushrooms and peppers to bulk it out.  Also, as I haven't used any healthy extra As, I shall sprinkle over some grated cheese.  It should be tasty.
SW:  if I have cheese, 30g is one healthy extra (I might have more).  The rest of the ingredients are free.

Ss:  Just raw veg and fruit

2 comments:

  1. It is actually a relief to get back on plan (in SW terms). I've been very off-plan for a few days but hopeful of not too large a gain at weigh-in tomorrow. I had naively hoped I might manage a maintain. No chance of that!
    What do you think of the new allowance of 2 x A choices? I wish it was 2 x B. That's my biggest struggle - keeping to one B. I love improvisation (your pasta bake) as it creates all manner of interesting meals. The only trouble is that if I make it up as you go along, I often never get to eat exactly the same thing again because I can't remember all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree - it's a huge relief to get back to normality. Whatever the weigh in results, I'm sure it will even out again for you very quickly

      I like the new allowance. It works really well for me and if I need more bready stuff, I syn it. My syns are quite low anyway so it isn't a problem.

      I know exactly what you mean about reproducting a great taste again. I try to make notes if it's particularly good but, as I never really measure the free food, it's a bit of this and a bit of that (as you may have noticed). Not terribly informative really! :-)

      xx

      Delete