Monday 17 December 2018

Monday, 17-12-18

Good morning!

Today's plans
B:  fruit yogurt, apple
I need to use up the yogurt!
SW:  one syn

L:  spicy lentil and tomato soup
- yesterday's leftovers and very nice too
SW:  free

D:  spicy mexical bean burger, nice big salad, fruit
The burger recipe is from the Fakeaways book and I will use what I have for the salad - off the top of my head that will be lettuce, tomato, carrot, cucumber and pepper and I might have a bit of cauliflower to break up and toss in too.
SW:  one and a half syns for the burger which I will top with 30g grated cheese for my healthy extra A

S:  fruit, hi-fi bar (healthy extra B)

4 comments:

  1. Afternoon Joy

    Mmmm… looking at your menu, by the end of the day you'll end up as a 'Spice' girl! :-) It all sounds very healthy and warming.

    Well, I DID make some more soup yesterday - using the Marigold bouillon stock. It turned out lovely, albeit a little on the salty side (for me). I read a review (after I had made it) that the stock itself was a little salty. When I make it again, I'll test it before making any additions.


    Have a good day.

    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look for the low sodium version. I use that and it's just right. I agree, them 'normal' one is a bit salty for the amount you want to use. Sorry, I should have said. Bad me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know that there is a low sodium version. I'm sure the tub I bought was the only type there. The person who wrote the review (on a supermarket website), also didn't know that there was a low sodium version available. I shall update this weeks shopping list. Thanks for mentioning the Marigold and about the low sodium too.

      Regards

      Carolx

      Delete
    2. If you can't find it anywhere else, Amazon does it All our local supermarkets have it in. it might be worth looking on the 'frtee from' shelves.
      xx

      Delete