Thursday 27 December 2018

Thursday, 27-12-18

Good morning!

Well, the turkey is now no more and my freezer is fuller than it was.  It took a while to strip the carcass and boil it up but was well worth the time and I can honestly say there has been very little waste this Christmas.  All the sweet things have gone to Beth and Alex and I am left with lots of healthy stuff.  It's nice to get back to normal again apart from finishing off the leftovers - makes me feel frugal, even if it isn't really!

Today, being Thursday, is SW group/weigh day and I'm a bit apprehensive but I don't think I've done too much damage in the longer term, even though I know there will be a gain this evening.  Also tonight we're getting the new handbooks that reflect all the recent changes so I'm looking forward to that very much. 

And here's today's plans.
B:  ham and eggs
The Christmas ham - I'm not wasting that either!
SW:  free

L:  yogurt, apple and orange
SW:  one syn

D:  after group, turkey-sagne, hi-fi bars
A bit sort of made up so I'll let you know how it goes.
SW:  the dairylea is my healthy extra A, there might be a few syns from sprinkled cheese and the hi-fi bars are my healthy extra B

Ss:  fruit, raw veg

Yesterday's dinner was absolutely delicious.  The bubble and squeak cakes, sprouts, turkey, gravy and cranberry sauce.  Half a healthy extra A for the cakes (some dairylea light) and two and a half syns for the gravy/cranberry sauce.

For the cakes I used some mashed potato, a bit of mashed sweet potato, some cooked and shredded sprouts and 40g dairylea light with a bit of salt and pepper. I made the cakes, sprayed them with frylight and baked them in the oven.  Dead easy!  I shall do them again in various forms.


4 comments:

  1. Love bubble and squeak, love your plate too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reduced in Sainsbury's last year. They've been very useful as party platters and serving dishes as well as a plate. I'm glad I saw them.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Bubble and squeak on my menu today, looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much tastier than it sounds, isn't it? And cooked sensibly, very Slimming World friendly too.
      xx

      Delete