Wednesday 26 December 2018

Wednesday, 26-12-18

Good morning and happy Boxing Day.

Yesterday didn't work out quite as expected - poor Beth has what she thought might be flu but now says it's just a very nasty cold virus, poor lass, so didn't come over and, of course, I won't be going over there today now to be 'spoilt'.  She's not well enough to cope with anything and I don't want to risk getting what she has.  Alex is doing a good job of caring for his lovely mum, bless him.

There's lots of turkey leftovers but between us Alex, Dave and I managed to plough our way through all the veg that I had prepped for four, leaving three little bits of sweet potato and very little else.  All the pigs went, all the sprouts (we all love sprouts in my family), all the carrots, all the roasties and parsnips, all the stuffing . . . and all the turkey I had sliced plus a second carving for Alex!.  Three cheers.
There's plenty of pudding and mince pies left over but Alex will deal with those - he's a bottomless pit!

And I'm back on plan again now, thank goodness!

So, today's plans are . . .
B:  bacon and egg
I want something protein-y to fill me up and get me going.
SW:  free

L:  turkey and veg soup, bread to dunk
An old favourite and I have lots of lovely jellied stock to use.
SW:  The bread will be my heB

D:  turkey, bubble and squeak cakes, sprouts and carrots, gravy and cranberry sauce
Lots of speed today and, yes, it is sort of another Christmas dinner really but so delicious.
SW:  the gravy is just some of that lovely stock with thickening granules, estimated at two syns, the cranberry sauce is one and a half syns and the rest is free

Ss:  raw carrot, fruit, milk (for my heA)

I hope your Christmas was happy and joyous and that you feel well today!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I have fallen off the wagon since moving and it's time to stop. We are at our youngest daughter's today and I'm taking some salad with me. We are joining a gym soon. We will be fit and healthy in our new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Tania. I want to resume my swimming which has taken a back seat recently. I'm more active anyway but swimming will help as, I am sure, joining te gym will help you too. Have a lovely time with your daughter.
      xx

      Delete