Thursday 6 December 2018

Thursday, 06-12-18

Good morning.
All seems to be going well at the moment, thankfully.  I have no idea if any weight has gone but I am hopeful that I won't have gained at weigh in this evening.

Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg and tomato
A fairly standard SP breakfast on Slimming World, not terribly expensive but not all that cheap either.   Sorty of middle of the road really.
SW:  free

L:  apple, orange, mullerlight yogurt
This is becoming my light lunch on weigh day.  It seems to fill me up which surprosed me at first but now I'm grateful that it does.
SW:  one syn for the yogurt

D:  bacon, bean and vegetable soup (or casserole - it's thick and chunky enough!)
I made a pot of this yesterday and there will be leftovers to have over the weekend as well - nice
SW:  free

Ss:  milk (healthy extra A), hi fi bars (healthy extra B), fruit

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've seen this blog of yours before, Joy! I didn't know you had two of them! And one all on food and healthy eating, lovely jubbly!
    I'm afraid 'frugal' is how most of us lived in the 1950s when I was a child, but in those days (unlike today, with the rise in obesity) it wasn't considered frugal to not spend much on food (or anything else) because that is how most people lived, only we didn't call it 'frugal'. It didn't have a name, we just tried to make money last as long as possible, and stretch meals as far as they would go! You certainly have some excellent ideas here - I used up 1 large mushroom between the two of us for yesterday's lunch by making a mushroom omelette to have with a grilled tomato (a large one cut in half, one half for each of us) and some toast. Filling, nourishing and, yes, frugal.
    I will now know to look in again.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I made a thick veggie soup this week, Joy, by whatever I had in the fridge veggie box. To which I added Oxo veggie stock cubes and lentils. I added a dollop of creme fraiche (low fat) and then partially blended so that it was thick but with pieces of veg in it, but not smooth or all veg if you know what I mean, excellent with crusty granary bread. Soup is our favourite meal at this time of year. Nourishing and inexpensive, I use all the tops of celery and the outer leaves of cabbage, etc, too, for extra flavour.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious, well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to add here, Joy, that we took money-off vouchers to Waitrose today and the £4 fresh chicken I bought had £3.50 off. Now that is a bargain. A small chicken will feed husband and myself for at least three meals! A roast lunch and then two meals of chicken curry and sometimes stock for soup from the bones, but not always as they have to simmer for quite a while and you have to compare the cost of that against crumbling in a couple of Oxo cubes into hot water instead! And even when I make stock from bones, using bay leaf, onion, etc, I still need to add stock cubes to make it tasty.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete