Thursday 13 December 2018

Thursday, 13-12-18

Good morning!

First of all, after popping along to SW at Writtle yesterday (because I can't make it to mine this evening), I find I have maintained this week which is both a relief and mildly disappointing.  Not making excuses but I think it is because usually I eat very light on weighday and I couldn't yesterday, having a friend around.  Also, I'm a bit 'bunged up'!
Well - maybe I am making excuses but I think it is also a reason.
If I make a huge effort, maybe I can lose more than usual by next week.  That will be hard because I'm at mum and dad's but I may as well give it a go and see.

Actually, it is a relief to get back to normal eating again and here's today's plans.
B:  egg on toast, easy peeler orange
I'm not sure if I will poach or fry in the Slimming World way - I don't have to decide until I actually have it anyway.  It's a pretty frugal meal too.
SW:  the toast is my healthy extra B

L:  yogurt, apple and orange
It's what I usually have on a Thursday so I may as well stick to the same as it suits me and I'm used to it.  The yogurt was reduced so that's good.
SW:  one syn for the yogurt

D:  I gather mum and dad have some chicken left over from yesterday so I will concoct a mixture with that and top it with some macaroni with melted cheese triangles as we all love it.  Some green veg (sprouts and broccoli, maybe) will go nicely.  I also gather there's some leftover fruit salad so that will work really well.
SW:  the cheese will be my healthy extra A

Ss:  fruit

6 comments:

  1. Well done on the maintenance, Joy - I can understand you being slightly disappointed, but of course it's not a gain so you shouldn't be! I love poached eggs on toast, it's my new favourite breakfast, I find it much more filling than porridge. Protein seems to suit me better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Protein is filling; I find that too. I think egg on toast is nicer with some butter between but, dear me, we can't have everything, can we?
      You're right, it's not a gain and I'm still on track to reach my Christmas target so fingers crossed, mouth closed and on we go! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy

    As Sooze said... maintain is not a gain. It means you know how to maintain your goal weight AND during the festive season too! You should be pleased with yourself.

    Haven't had poached eggs for ages.... yum, yum.

    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I shall stop feeling disappointed and be pleased instead. Thanks to you both. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Think how thrilled you would feel at a maintain if you'd actually gained half a pound! A maintain is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true! Many thanks, Eloise. :-)
      xx

      Delete