Friday 28 December 2018

Recipe (but far from original): potted ham

Great for using up ham leftovers.  I've done it before and Sooze has mentioned it on her blog, but thought I'd share.

Ingredients to make around nine portions (smallish portions, just right for a couple of slices of toast or a sandwich)
100g soft, light garlic and herb cheese (eight syns)
some slices of good, thick ham, all visible fat removed (I forgot to weigh, sorry)
2 tevel tbsp lighter than light mayo (one syn)
a good pinch of mustard powder
a good splash of lime juice (mine was from a bottle)
salt and pepper (go easy with the salt)
. . ;. or you can use your own seasonings of choice.

Method
Bung it all in a zizzer and zizz round until it's the texture you want.  Adjust seasoning if needed.

I have some titchy little pots with lids, the kind you get single portions of dressing in and I got just exactly nine pots-full so that's one syn a pot now that soft cheese has to be synned.
If you're following the old way, it's as free as makes no difference.

6 comments:

  1. Yes it's great, Joy, isn't it. I've done it with the beef as well, using horseradish sauce, butter and black pepper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds absolutely delicious! Lamb with some mint sauce might go well too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh yes, am sure it would! I'm determined not to waste anything at all, every little bit of leftover food gets used in something else, or put in the freezer and added to until I have enough to make something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the most delicious things come from leftovers, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds very tempting.
    Do you freeze the potted result?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in little single pot portions. I had some, defrosted, on a wrap with some salad and it was scrummy.

      Delete