Friday 5 April 2019

Friday, 05-04-19

Good morning.

I have bad news and good news.  The bad news is two pounds on but I'm not in the least bit surprised.  The good news is that it is ONLY two pounds.  I was absolutely sure it was going to be an awful lot more after two weeks of stressed comfort eating.  So now I move on and, just maybe, that two pounds will be gone by next weigh-in.

So here are today's plans.
B:  Full English wrap (from the PoN book, p 24)
Basically, this is whatever you would cook for your breakfast wrapped inside a thin omelette made with one egg.  A simple idea but quite a clever one.  I shall have bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the 15g grated cheddar that is sprinkled over the filling before it's 'wrapped'.

L:  chicken quesadillas - or chickadillas!
I shall make these the same way as I did the steakadillas except that I will use some shredded chicken I have in the freezer and the sauce will be tomato based.
SW:  one healthy extra B and one and a half As.

D:  steak, chips, probably peas.
I will be back at Dad's and he loves a steak.  I've found a recipe for a creamy pepper sauce which I will try out.  You can see it here.  As always, scroll quickly down past the adverts to the recipe itself.
SW:  free

Ss:  fruit

5 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, well done for only putting on 2 pounds, and you know it will be relatively easy to lose again, once life is back to some sort of normality. I hope you and your Dad have a relatively good weekend - lots of sorting out, no doubt. Take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He wants us to get Mum's clothes downstairs ready for the charity shop and I'd like to start sorting through her needlework things.
      I've done all my planning of meals so the week should go pretty well and, as you say, fingers crossed for two pounds off next Thursday!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done ! it could easily have been so much more given the stresses of last 2 weeks...I've made the sauce and really liked it , the anthem gum has revolutionised my sauce making it was new to me so have used it in a parley and lemon sauce for example !
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used Xantham gum before so am a bit nervous. THanks for the reassurance, much appreciated.
      Parsley and lemon sauce sounds just wonderful. Is that a PoN recipe too?
      xx

      Delete
  3. That PoN book is definitely going on my birthday list!
    We have a taster session at SW on Monday evening - picnic ideas so I'm about to go into the kitchen for a poke around and to find a bit of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete