Tuesday 30 April 2019

Tuesday, 30-04-19

Good morning.

 I only took photos of one meal yesterday, the lemon and blueberry baked oats.  They were yummy.











So here's a couple of photos of it, to compensate.




The loaded sweet potato wedges for dinner were lovely - I must do sweet potato wedges more often - they are so tasty.  These were sprinkled with cumin and sweet smoked paprika before spraying with oil; and popping in the oven.
Sadly, I forgot to take a photo.


Yesterday wasn't the easiest day in my life but I am pleased that I stuck to my plans and didn't overdo the food at all.

Today's plans are:
B:  cooked breakfast
So that's bacon, egg, maybe the last potato waffle in the freezer, tomato and mushroom.  The potato waffle is home made (no nice and inexpensive - and SW free) and the bacon is some YS back bacon that I cut the fat off and froze.  That's the sort of YS thing I do go for when I can but so does everyone else so I don't often get lucky.
SW:  free

L:  Indian turkey balls with beetroot raita
This is from 'Free Food on the Go' p 34  I shall follow it exactly, including the serving suggestion of shredded carrot and thick cucumber slices.  I have turkey mince in the freezer so that's good and turkey mince is a pretty frugal option anyway.
SW:  free

D:  Girls' night out.
At our old favourite, The Hare.  The Hare has small plate options (which are more than enough) and I quite fancy a smaller plate superfood salad. 
Here's the description on the online menu
Giant couscous, broccoli, mixed beans, red onions, capers & halloumi cheese, all tossed in a citrus dressing, garnished with pomegranate seeds, coconut flakes & toasted cashew nuts.
I could have it with chicken (I'll see how hungry I am when it comes to ordering) and if I am very brave, I will ask for the dressing separately!
While the others have a dessert, I will have a nice black coffee.  I love black coffee but don't usually have one when eating out as they cost a ridiculous amount - but less than a dessert, both in £££ and in calories!
SW:  no idea, haven't the foggiest, but a good day for speed which can't be bad.

Ss:  trying for none.


No comments:

Post a Comment