Friday 26 April 2019

Friday, 26-04-19

Good morning!

Do you like the name change?  The more I look at it, the better I like it so that's good.

What isn't so good is that weigh-in was more than a little bit ooops but I'm being brave and honest here so it was six pounds on (on top of the last gain).  Not great, is it, but it does help to know that life is steadying off now and, as long as I don't become discouraged and give up, I will get on top of it.
I have to really as I have handed on all my next size up jeans!
That's life for you.

Anyway . . . today's plans.
B:  a fruit platter
 . . . which is a posh way of saying a banana, an apple and maybe an easy peeler.
SW: free

L:  I'm out on a coach trip for the day (to Sandringham) so I am hoping they will have something like a home made soup which would be my lunch of choice anyway.  Actually, I wonder if there's a menu onling.  Hang on . . .

. . . nope, nothing relevant so it's a bit pot luck.  Maybe I will shove more fruit in my back pack, in case.

D:  I will likely be hungry when I get home sop I am planning a sort of roast dinner - a chicken breast with roast potatoes done the SW way and some fresh veg.  I have broccoli, carrots and leeks in the fridge so there's plenty of choice there.

Ss: fruit (in my back pack!)

So not really a normal SW day but I can make it work as a one off.  The frugality has flown out of the window because of the lunch but  I'll be back on it tomorrow.

Something sad - I'm having to change my SW group for ten weeks.
I do pottery classes and I wasn't able to book my usual group (Tuesday mornings) for the summer term so had to book the evening group which is Thursday evenings.  So I have to change to the Wednesday evening group (run by the same lovely lady).
Oh, well, ten weeks is no time at all, is it?  If I lose two pounds a week, I could get to target, more or less, in that time.  Wouldn't that be great!

8 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy - yes I do like the new name thing. And very well done on being so brave and admitting to the gain, many people wouldn't. You've had such an awful time recently, so it's hardly surprising. But you've got this, you've lost SO much weight so you know you can do it again and the end is very much in sight. You're so close now, and what an amazing feeling it's going to be when you get there.

    Ooh lovely, a trip to Sandringham, I love that place. When we lived in the Midlands and had our touring caravan, we used to go and stay at the Sandringham caravan site regularly (we stayed there 2 or 3 Christmases). The House is fabulous, I think, despite being a huge house which is obviously stuffed full of treasures, it's so clearly a home too - with threadbare carpets and worn curtains and general signs of shabbiness, it shows that the Royal family don't waste money on things they consider unimportant, but that they clearly love the place. And I just think it's great that you can have a picnic in the Queen's back garden! Have a lovely day Joy, wish I was coming with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. Fingers crossed, eh?

      xx

      Delete
  2. As Sooze says it's not surprising that you've gained weight lately.
    The important bit in the last few months has been supporting your family.
    I'm impressed by the way you stuck to your diet as well as you did.
    The summer will help you over the little hump that's appeared in your path as
    (hopefully) it will be warm and you won't want to comfort eat as much.
    I'm hoping so as I’m battling with half a stone that refuses to shift and though I know it's caused by the medication I take that's no consolation!
    Enjoy your day at Sandringham. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for success for you too, Sue. It must be very tricky when medication is involved. We'll get there, I'm sure.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Joy. xx

      Delete
  3. Hey ho - onwards and upwards. Life happens and we have to go with it. I fell off the wagon big time but mine was through gluttony and not bereavement. 4 family birthdays and Easter all within a few weeks and I was not going to be a party pooper. I hope you're ok - and your Dad. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well . . . I reckon there was gluttony involved here too! As you say, one can't be a party pooper! That will go quickly enough, I'm sure.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh yes...I think the name is great! Well done.
    As for the weight gain - fluctuations are normal and to be expected. I know we want to see that loss every week but think of the non-scale victory of knowing that you're almost certainly a lot healthier than you were when you began. We're human, we're fallible but we keep at it. Any SW member will identify with how you are feeling about the gain but be proud of what you have achieved. XXX

    ReplyDelete