Monday 22 April 2019

Monday, 22-04-29

Good morning!

Photo diary first.

The hot cross bun baked oats for breakfast was, I have to admit, absolutely gorgeous.  You need strong flavours with baked oats and this fitted that bill nicely.  I found some orange essence in the fridge and that made a big difference, I think.  It truly smelled of hot cross bun while cooking!







No photos for lunch or dinner - they were really just ordinary meals.  Very nice but not really photo-worthy!

I did a bit of Googling and found a recipe for a bbq sauce that doesn't require me to buy any special 'hot sauce' and for which I have everything available so later on in the week I'll give my own hunter's chicken a whirl - after all, it is only chicken, bacon, sauce and cheese!
The recipe is here and I will probably fancy it up with a few extras like lemon juice and garlic granules.

Today's menu plans
B:  yogurt and fresh/frozen fruit
I think I will have pineapple, strawberries and blueberries, all of which I have.
SW:  free

L:  Burger and salad
I bought some M&S skinnyburgers and will try one with SW fried onion and hm pineapple coleslaw and salad on the side.  No roll though as I need the healthy extra for dinner!.
SW:  the burgers are free (which is why I thought I'd try them) and I will have 30g cheddar for one of my healthy extra As plus some lightest mayo in the coleslaw (which will last be over dinner as well) for one syn.

D:  Pizza wrap and salad
I plan to spread pizza ingredients over a WW wrap, sprinkle with cheese, roll it up and spray with oil before crisping up on the outside in the oven.  Some more salad and coleslaw on the side will provide my speed plus whatever I decided to pop in the wrap.  Basically it's a sort of pizzaadilla cylinder and should be pretty tasty, fingers crossed.
SW:  the wrap will be my healthy extra B and another 30g of cheddar will be my other A

Ss:  just fruit or yogurt

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I make all kinds of variations on baked oats including a cherry bakewell one which I've served to guests as a dessert with custard. They said 'yes' when offered seconds so I think it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was delicious. Easter themed or not, I'm making it again.
      Cherry bakewell sounds wonderful.
      xx

      Delete