Wednesday 10 April 2019

Wednesday, 10-04-19

Good morning!
Yesterday's photos are all rather messy but I'll post them anyway!

 Breakfast:  the hash browns were home made and really rather nice.
 A wrap based pizza for lunch.  I had a fruit yogurt afterwards
Dinner:  apologies, I started eating before I remembered to take a photo.  It may look - er - not attractive but, believe me, it tasted great!
Dessert was natural yogurt and some fresh pineapple.











Today's plans:
B:  beans on toast
Simple, inexpensive and tasty.
SW:  the toast is one healthy extra B and I will use half of an A on the cheese spread I use instead of butter.

L:  mushy pea soup, fruit and natural yogurt
I shall cook onion, carrot, stock and a can of mushy peas for the soup.  I know it sounds a bit urgh but it is actually pretty tasty and dead easy.  Another inexpensive meal.
SW:  I will have 30g grated cheddar on top for a healthy extra A

G:  tandoori chicken kebab with yogurt mint sauce and salad
The kebab is from The Book, p48 and I searched online for a simple yogurt mint sauce.  It'd be nice inside a pitta but I've had my B for today so it will go nicely with a salad.
SW:  Looking at all the ingredients, it seems to be SW free - nice!

It's a taster evening tomorrow at group so I have to decide what to make.  Tonight's chicken is a contender, if it works out OK.  Fingers crossed.





8 comments:

  1. Well, the food all looks lovely to me....and I also like pineapple on pizzas! The mushy pea soup is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I tried it when I had some mushy peas left over and it worked! :-)
      Pineapple on pizza is delicious, I think. I also think there's a lot of pizza snobbery around. For me, if it tastes nice and works with SW, no problem!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy

    It all looks great, on all fronts - cost, easy to cook, and delicious. I buy the mini wraps and, up until now, have them with a filling. I will use your idea and make my own pizzas. I don't like mushy peas, but never thought to make a soup out of them.

    I have looked at The Book of Nom you use and highly recommend. Would you say it is just for Slimming World followers, or is it suitable for folks just wanting to watch their calorie intake?

    Have a good day.

    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a SW book (or WW either) so it doesn't give points or syns, etc. It does give calories though so, as such, is suitable for anyone. The syns are easy to work out so I expect the points are too.

      I sometimes split a pitta and use that as a pizza base instead of a wrap - it works really well. However, I was wondering how oat flour and yogurt would work - must give it a go sometime.

      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm impressed with your planning, photos and dedication to your SW journey, keep going Joy. I had a wobble this week and told my consultant I didn't know if I could keep doing it but she's amazing and I know it's her job but we can all tell how much she cares. So it's a food diary for me this week that always helps and a Arnie says "I'll be back".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thganks, Lyn. I have wobbles bvut, for me, planning really is the key to success. I do it weekly which means I know what's coming and don't get caught out.
      I'm glad you have a good consultant. Mine is too and it makes a huge difference.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I've really only recently appreciated the versatility of wraps. I'm using them quite a lot now. Hope it's a good SW week for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks, it's going well at the moment after a dodgy weekend. I will be at home this weekend which will help.
      Wraps are very useful, I've found.
      xx

      Delete