Monday 29 April 2019

Monday, 29-04-19

Good morning!

Photo diary

Breakfast.  I'm really getting the hang of the waffle maker now - how much you need to put in and how long they take.
The orange and lemon essence smelled nice while they were cooking but I think next time I will also add some lemon zest as well for that extra ooomph.  I can call them 'St Clement's Waffles'!






Lunch:  basically a soy based marinade on chunks of chicken and it did go so well on a bed of fresh pineapple with a crunchy salad beside.  I made a nice-ish salad dressing of lime juice, soy sauce, stevia, garlic puree and seasoning.











I've decided to start weighing myself each morning, just for a short time, as a bit of added motivation.  I had an attack of the blues yesterday and in the evening the food intake wasn't great again.  I guess it takes a while to get back on track again and I think that an extra daily accountability will help in the short term.

Today's menu:
B:  lemon and blueberry baked oats
Taken from the Pinch of Nom book, p 41
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  tuna and butterbean pate
From 'Free Food on the Go' p 22, except that it should be salmon, not tuna.  However, I have tuna in the cupboard and I don't have salmon so . . .
I'll have this with lettuce 'cups' and salad left over from yesterday - wste not, want not.
SW:  free

D:  loaded sweet potato wedges
This one is made up.   I will make the wedges the usual SW way and sprinkle over some spice (sweet paprika and cumin) to pep them up.  I have cooked spicy mince in the freezer and to that I will add some extra mushroom and pepper and finish the whole lot off with some grated cheese, the lot popped back in the oven to melt the cheese.
SW:  one healthy extra A (or maybe more, depending on how much grated cheese I fancy)

Ss:  raw veg/fruit


6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, what lovely food, both yesterday and today. If weighing yourself daily keeps you on track, then that's good - it would just depress me! haha. The Pinch of Nom book has suddenly exploded in popularity hasn't it? It's the fastest selling diet cook book, apparently, and is being serialised in the Daily Mail. It does look good, I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good indeed. Sensible, down to earth and doesn't use many fancy pants ingredients. I like the Pinch of Nom Facebook page and their web site too. Incredibly helpful, even if the latter is overloaded with adverts.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, I must say it's the adverts that put me off their website. I must have another look though, and just try to quickly scroll past the ads and ignore them. If their book is such a huge success now, perhaps they might consider taking off the ads!

      Delete
    3. It did me too, for a while. Then I realised I was cutting off my nose to spite my face and realised that it was just a quick scroll down using the side bar. But they really are over the top with them, not to mention the continual repetition!
      Worth it though.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Like Sooz, the adverts have put me off using the website; it got so irritating. The recipes however are fab and I'll be asking for the cookbook for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame really, isn't it. The recipes are so good.
      xx

      Delete