Saturday 20 April 2019

Saturday, 20-04-19

Good morning.

It feels good to be back, planning and blogging about it.  This last week - last month, really - has been very difficult, the careful plans and healthy eating have taken a back seat and I know I have gained lbs and lbs.  It was all topped off yesterday evening with a delicious meal at the Millstream - hunter's chicken, chips and coleslaw.

However, there's no self recriminations and I'm working on booting any out that try to sneak in through the back door of my mind.
Stuff happens, life is not an easy level playing field all the time and the important thing is to roll with the blows and come back ready to push on through again afterwards.

So yesterday morning, when I woke too early, I planned a good week's eating.  Good in terms of health, SW plan and also, I sincerely hope, flavour.  I fully expect that next Thursday's weigh-in will show a gain (being realistic here, not negative) but the week after that will be much better and then I shall be on my way down again and heading for target.

So, today's plans are . . .
B:  natural yogurt and fruit
I will still be at Dad's for breakfast and this will work for me.
SW:  free

L:  pasta 'n' sauce
Yup - a convenience, processed, probably additive loaded thing but they are low in syns, very quick and easy and as I will be busy sorting out my washing, finding places for bits and bobs I have brought back, airing the house and generally getting back into home life again, this will suit me and just this once really won't hurt
SW:  can't remember how many syns but I know I looked it up and wrote it onn the packet so I will know once I get home.

D:  chicken fajita loaded chips
I'm using this recipe  (Pinch of Nom so, as always, ignore the ads and scroll down to the actual recipe), not having the wrap but instead making some SW chips (which tend to be a weekend treat), putting them round the edge of a bowl, piling the spicy chicken in the middle, sprinkling with grated cheese and enjoying.  I might have a simple side salad as well, once I see how much the chicken mix is.
SW:  one or maybe two healthy extra As, depending on how much cheese I have.

Ss:  I'm going to keep busy so maybe none, but I do have a B to use so maybe some dried fruit.  Not sure yet.

4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, your day's food sounds delicious, especially dinner. And I love Hunter's Chicken! It's good that you're not stressing about food and weight, as you say, life happens and we just have to roll with it. You'll get back to your normal good eating habits and lose any gains in no time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was tasty and I must look up a SW friendly version - there has to be one somewhere.
      No point stressing really - what has been, has been and it's time to move on! As my jeans are starting to feel a bit tight, it really is time! :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. I’m sure Pinch of Nom have a recipe for Hunters Chicken xx

      Delete
    3. IU have a feeling they do too - or I can research and adapt.
      xx

      Delete