Sunday 28 April 2019

Sunday, 28-04-19

Good morning.
The photo diary.

Lunch:  I added some sliced chicken to the bacon for the BLT and it was gorgeous with some mayo and some finger veg.










The flour, egg and breadcrumb prep for the fish also worked out really well.  In fact, although I counted it as one healthy extra (1 small slice wholemeal and 20g oats, both zizzed), it was more like half of each that I actually used so next time I'll use less.
Also next time, I will make sure I divide the egg after whisking it and plan in something like scrambled egg or frittata to use the rest up the next day - I wasn't happy about wasting quite a lot of the egg.
This would also work to make chicken goujons or - oh, I've forgotten what it's called - when you hammer some chicken (or veal) really flat and then breadcrumb it.  What's the word?  Escalope, that's it!

For info, all I did was zizz the oats to flour and the bread to crumbs and I whisked up an egg.  I seasoned the oat flour with salt and pepper.  Then I coated the fish, first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs before spraying with oil and baking in the oven at about 180C for 20 mins.  Dead easy, even if it did add to the washing up a bit.


Today's plan:
B:  citrus waffles with blueberries, raspberries and yogurt
I need practise using my waffle maker, that's my excuse.  I have some orange and lemon essences and really ought to use them a bit more as they do impart great flavour and you need so little each time.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats

L:  sweet and sour chicken skewers with salad
This recipe is from a SW recipe book, 'Free Food on the Go'.  It looks pretty straightforward and I have lots of stuff for salad including some cauliflower.  I love crunchy, raw cauliflower in salad!
SW:  free

D:  sizzling beef fajitas with sweet potato wedges, salad
This one is from the Slimming World site and, although it gives a recipe for fajita spice, I already have some I can use which makes it a much simpler recipe.  I shall use yogurt to serve as I don't have any fromage frais.
Here's the link although I am not sure whether you can access it without logging in - have a go and see.
SW:  free

Ss:  fruit/raw veg

There's no allocated healthy extra As today but I do have yogurt planned in - not officially an A but . . .

Also, I know it's quite meat heavy but I'm making use of what I already have which is part of my 'ethos'.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea to do with the oats -- I'm going to add some to my next Shake/Bake meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that name - Shake and Bake meal. It did work really well and I will do it again, definitely.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Citrus waffles sound yummy. I confess to not yet having tried my waffle mould.

    ReplyDelete