Tuesday 23 April 2019

Recipe: a stir fry sauce



It was an add, mix, taste effort but ended up really nice so here it is.

Ingredients:  enough for one
2 tbsp soy sauce (free) - I use a lower salt version
1 tsp sweet chilli dipping sauce (1/2 syn) - I used Tescos
1 tsp runny honey (1 syn)
1/2 tsp lower fat peanut butter powder (negligible syns so I'm not counting)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (free)
a little squidge each of garlic and ginger purees, about 1/8 tsp of each
1 tbsp lime juice from a bottle (free)

Stir fry the veg (I used spray oil and it was fine) on a hot ring, add the sauce and simmer and stir until it evaporates away, thickens and everything is coated.  It takes very little time.


Very, very tasty and I wish I'd used more of the stir fry veg (from a YS pack so nice and economical too).  The whole meal was just one and a half to two syns, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment