Sunday 21 April 2019

Recipe: hot cross bun baked oats

Basically not my recipe but I think I've adapted it enough to be OK about reproducing my version, I hope.



Ingredients to serve 1
40g porridge oats (healthy extra B)
one Mullerlight Amore lemon yogurt (one syn)
grated zest from a small orange or easy peeler
scant tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp stevia (or other sweetener)
scant 1/4 tsp orange essence (optional)
1 egg, beaten
some blueberries
splash of milk (from your healthy extra A)
spray oil

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180C and spray an ovenproof dish with fry light.
Mix together the oats, yogurt, orange zest, vanilla essence, cinnamon, stevia and orange essence, if using.
Add the beaten egg and, if the mixture is very thick, add a splash of milk.  Mix in the blueberries.

Pour the batter into the oiled oven proof dish, push any surface blueberries under and bake for around 30 minutes until browned and cooked through.

I ate mine with the segments from the easy peeler I used for the orange zest.


2 comments:

  1. I've never tried baked oats, but yours look very good. I succumbed to 2 hot cross buns with marmalade on Good Friday. I just used the extra syns you get once at target, unlike last year, when I ate them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did um and ah, I have to admit, but it would mean buying six and when it is just me . . . not a great idea! :-)
      I bet you really enjoyed them!
      xx

      Delete