Tuesday 9 April 2019

Tuesday, 09-04-19

Good morning.
Yesterday's photo diary:

Breakfast: maple and bacon French toast with fruit (PoN p 32)
 Dinner:  cheesy chicken pitta.
Just as nice as the steak one (PoN p 56) and just as filling.
Lunch was supposed to be a meal out but when we got there, the kitchen was closed because of staff absence so we walked home again and I cobbled together a quick lunch (ham salad for me).  I was disappointed but it was good for the Plan and we will go another time.

Today's plans:
B:  hash browns with bacon and egg (PoN p 36)
I've been wanting to trey their hash brown recipe for ages so I'm looking forward to it.  The recipe makes a lot so I will freeze some of them for re-heating at another point.  They're a useful thing to have around anyway.
SW:  free

L:  wrap pizza
An old favourite.  Make a sauce with tomato puree, a bit of ketchup, some seasonings and some fresh oregano (because it's growing nicely in the garden again now) and top it with onion, pepper, mushroom and some fresh pineapple (I know, purists shudder, but I like it!) before sprinkling over some grated cheese and baking in the oven.  The base is a wrap and I need to get some more wraps as I'm nearly out of them - ditto for pittas as well.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wrap and both As for the cheese (don't like a pizza to be stingy on the cheese) while the ketchup is 1 syn per tbsp

D:  honey chilli chicken (PoN p70) with roasted med veg
This is just chicken baked in a sort of marinade of honey, chilli, stock cubes, soy sauce and garlic and I will roast some onion (wonky ones), red pepper (more wonky ones) and mushroom in garlic and spray oil to have with it.  The recipe says use boneless chicken thigh but I have breasts in the freezer so that's what I will use.  It looks as if it will be very flavoursome and tasty.
SW:  two and a half syns for the honey


I am so enjoying cooking from the Pinch of Nom book and haven't had a bad outcome yet.  The resulting dishes are all packed with flavour and really not complicated to make and, best of all, I already have pretty much all the ingredients in cupboard, fridge or freezer which makes them frugal in the sense that I'm not going out to buy extra things I may only ever use for that dish.
It's definitely worth the tenner I paid for it.


2 comments:

  1. It was my birthday yesterday and asked for the Pinch of Nom book and am thrilled with it! Cannot wait to get stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a brilliant gift. I hope you find it as good as I do!
      xx

      Delete