Sunday 7 April 2019

Sunday, 07-04-19

Good morning.
I'm happy to report that the M&S tinned steak and kidney was just as delicious as the chunky steak and Dad really enjoyed it, finishing off the gravy straight from the jug with a spoon!  I will get him some tins for his pantry.  We had it with mash, sprouts and broccoli and it was a lovely traditional meal.  And it was just one syn for me.

Today I go home this afternoon so the first two meals are away and the last at home.

B:  yogurt and fruit
It's very quick and easy and can be ready at a moment's notice so it works well.
SW:  if I have a Mullerlight, it will be one syn

L:  more of the bean and veg soup I made yesterday which has had the little bit of leftover veg from last night added to it.  It was delicious and Dad had seconds!
SW:  free

D:  salmon, SW chips, salad
The salmon will defrost quickly when I get home and the rest is easily made.  I haven't planned in any healthy extras so I think I will do cheesy chips for a treat.  Yum!
SW:  two healthy extra As for the cheese.

Ss:  I have remembered that you can have some dried fruit as a B and I do love nibbling at a few dried prunes.  I think the ones I have are OK for a healthy extra but will need to check when I get home!

4 comments:

  1. We used to take tinned steak or chicken away with us when we had our caravan - so convenient when on holiday and not wanting to do any actual cooking. Lovely idea to get some for your Dad's larder, he'll really enjoy those and you'll know he's got good (and easy) food to prepare for himself when you're not there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He eats well anyway - he's a chap who enjoys his food. But he's happy to stick with (good) ready meals and canned stuff over the week and when I go, he enjoys home cooked stuff. He loves his meat too so those cans will be ideal.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Just catching up with some blogs after a couple of really busy weeks. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Both my parents have passed way so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's inevitable to have these experiences as one gets older, isn't it? I'm sorry about your mum and dad.
      xxx

      Delete