Wednesday 1 May 2019

Wednesday, 01-05-19

Good morning.

It was very colourful food yesterday:

Cooked breakfast

















Lunch:  Indian turkey balls with beetroot raita.  Really tasty too although the meatballs were a bit dry.













Dinner was colourful too but no photos because I was eating out.  I think it was probably the best choice; at least it gave me the feeling I was being 'healthy' and it was really tasty as well.  I had the dressing on the side and used just a little bit.  Can you see the halo?  :-)

Today's food.
B:  apple and cinnamon pancakes, yogurt
From Pinch of Nom, p 22, I've made these before and they are delicious.  I might add a touch of baking powder to make them rise a bit.
SW:  one healthy extra B and about half an A


L:  veggie pakoras and salad with a coriander and lime dressing
From Free Food on the Go, p 40, this involves grating/shredding a whole load of veg, mixing with some spice and some mushed chickpeas and dropping spoonfuls into some spray oil in a pan.  There's also a simple mint raita to go with it and I will add a simple salad as well.  I hope it's nice
I've found a recipe for a coriander and lime dressing that's SW friendly so - we will see!
I have some coriander in the freezer, from a bunch I bought a while ago.  I didn't use it all so just tore off the leaves and popped them in a bag in the freezer.  I won't need to bother to chop as they shatter well when frozen.  I'll also use some allotment courgette that I froze last summer for the pakoras.
SW:  free

D:  cheesy mushroom pasta
This is a made up thing and very easy.
I will sizzle some onion, yellow pepper, baby corn and mushrooms in a bit of spray oil, cook some pasta, mix some dairylea into the vegetables, season and then mix in the cooked pasta with a bit of the pasta cooking water (this helps to create a nice sauce)
I will probably have some broccoli on the side as well.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As for the dairylea

Ss:  raw veg/fruit

I've just realised I have planned a meat-free day.  Good-oh!  That always makes it that bit less expensive.

If you are observant, you may have noticed that there's now another tab at the top, under the heading.  At the moment it is a work in progress and it is an attempt to collect together links to all the recipes I have published in here so they are all on one page.


4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of your cheesy mushroom pasta so that’s today’s meal sorted. I’ll use up the rest of the broccoli rice with it. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ity's very nice. I've done it before with all sorts - chicken, ham, etc, as well as veg. I hope you like it too.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for setting up your recipe link tab, Joy, and for alerting us. Really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, thank you. Blogger isn't the best in the world for that sort of thing but it seems relatively simple to set up and use. I'm really glad it will be of help.
      xx

      Delete