Wednesday 29 May 2019

Recipe: turkey tomato gratin SP

A great way of using up roast turkey - I will use this straight after Christmas
You will need a batch of this sauce - you don't use all of it and it keeps well in the fridge.
My changes - I used a carton of passata and I added soy sauce instead of the Buffalo hot sauce because I had one but not t'other.
You don't HAVE to add the quark but it makes it lovely and creamy.


Ingredients to make a huge portion for one or one mains portion and a smaller leftovers lunch portion.
some sliced turkey
fry light
some red, yellow or orange pepper
a mushroom or two
a portion of sauce as above mixed well with a dollop of quark
two small slices wholemeal bread (a healthy extra B), zizzed to make breadcrumbs
30g very finely grated fresh parmesan or non branded 'hard Italian cheese' (one healthy extra A)
some garlic granules
salt and pepper

Method
Prehat oven to about 180C
Spray the bottom of an ovenproof dish.  Lay the turkey slices evenly on the bottom of the dish.
chop/slice the mushroom and pepper and sizzle them in some spray oil until starting to soften before laying them over the turkey slices.

Gently pour over the tomato sauce.  You only need enough to cover.

Mix the breadcrumbs, the grated Italian cheese, some garlic granules and a bit of seasoning.
Just before popping it into the oven, spoon the breadcrumb mixture over the sauce and carefully stpead out.  Spray with fry light or equivalent.

Pop it into the oven to bake until the top is browned and the sauce is bubbling at the edges (arounbd 20 mins or so)

Serve with cooked veg or a salad.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry if I'm being dim, but where is the recipe for the tomato sauce? You say 'as above' but I can't see it. I love your blog and find the recipes really inspiring, this definitely looks like something I might make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I thought I had created a link but I hadn't. I've done it now and thank you for letting me know.

    I'm so glad the blog is helpful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete