Sunday 12 May 2019

Sunday, 12-05-19

Good morning.

Yesterday's photos
Lovely egg, tomatoes and hash browns with a puddle of hm bbq sauce - washed down with proper cafetiere coffee, it was just the ticket after a swim at the gym,








Dinner:  Beefburger with chips and salad and very tasty it was too.

(apologies for the light - don't know what went wrong there)














Today's meal plans.
B:  lemon and blueberry baked oats
A favourite, quite inexpensive and the blueberries do seem very sweet and delicious at the moment.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats

L:  beans, SW sausage, potato waffle and grated cheese
All sorts of bits and bobs from the freezer - there's a little bit of space now in the freezer but a long way to go still.  I'm finding my food bills are lower, of course.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese and two syns for a Morrisons potato waffle (toasted)

D:  roast pork, oxo roasties, vegetables; yogurt and fruit
I fancied a roast dinner today!  The pork is a mini joint I had in the freezer and the roasties are a recipe we were talking about at SW Group on Wednesday.  Basically, you do them the same as the usual roasties except that when you do the roasting part, you pour in some oxo in water.  I will be using either chicken stock powder or Marigold vegetable bouillon, not oxo, but the principle's the same.  You then spray the tops of the potatoes with oil and roast until all the liquid has evaporated and it's supposed to produce flavoursome, soft and fluffy roasties. 
I find that normal SW roasties can be a bit dry so maybe this will make a difference.  I'll let you know how they go.
There should be some pork left over for another day, I hope.
SW:  should be free unless I have some cranberry sauce with the pork in which case I will need to syn it.

Ss: water, easy peeler, apple (but mostly water)

Body Magic:  body magic is what SW calls exercise.  A bit fancy but it's meant to cover all forms of exercise, not just organised ones;  it covers things like taking the stairs instead of the lift and so on.  I've decided to start recording any planned body magic as it's just too easy to take the lazy option without some accountability.
Anyway -I hope to have another swim today.

As I mentioned above, there's a little bit of space in the freezer now.  Only a little bit, I have to admit, but better than no space at all.  Already things are easier to find - several months ago I saw a pack of two fillet steaks hugely reduced (and I mean hugely!) on YS so I bought it, rewrapped the steaks, froze them and promptly lost them in the depths of the freezer!  I found them again the other day and have planned one of them into the week's eating (Tuesday, I believe).



6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, what a yummy day's food you have planned. And how lucky to find fillet steaks so reduced (and to find them again in your freezer!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw them, I couldn't believe my eyes. I glanced around, grabbed and almost ran off!! So when I couldn't find the pack in the freezer I was so cross, you can imagine!!!
      Looking forward to my roast dinner - I have one so rarely as they are problematic for one.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  2. My freezer is a big black hole into which all manner of foods disappear only to be discovered months later whilst looking for something else! I'm really trying hard to manage it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I comprelety understand your despair! ;-)
      I thinki that, once order has been restored, I have to get some extra freezer baskets, just so I can organise things better. I'm pretty sure Amazon does them.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I have nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger award, Joy. Details on my blog! It's just a bit of fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww - I'll go over and take a look. How lovely! Thank you.
      J x

      Delete