Sunday 26 May 2019

Sunday, 26-05-19

Good morning.

Yesterday turned out to be a funny old day.
I had a late breakfast after swim and some shopping.  Then I settled down to read and knit when Beth bounced in.  She had the opportunity to take a table at a craft fair at the last minute and would I like to go with her.  Obviously, yes, I would.  So I put the chicken in the fridge and grabbed some fruit for my linch.

When I got home afterwards, I was quite hungry so I got out one of those packs of microwave rice - wholegrain and freekeh, as it happened - added the veg to the keema and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's the first time I've had freekeh in any shape or form and it's very tasty!
I still had the bread as well and a yogurt.
And that filled me up for the rest of the evening.
I'm pretty sure I stayed within plan, despite the disturbances

So, on to today . . .
B:  fruit and yogurt
SW: free

L:  chicken and rice
I have the chicken breast which I MUST have today and I have the other half of the rice and freekeh to use up as well so - chicken and rice.  I'll probably cook some veg, add some chopped tomatoes and the chicken, cut up, and let it simmer away with garden herbs before adding the rice at the last minute.  A very easy one pot sort of thingy.
SW:  should be free

D:  roast turkey, new potatoes and roasted vegetables, hm vanilla yogurt and strawberries
Before Beth came round, I had started thawing a YS turkey breast roast so I must have that today and I noticed that I have quite a lot of veg - carrot, onion, parsnip and sweet potato so a mixed roasted veg  traybake sounds about right and will be very easy to do.
The yogurt is just my natural yogurt with a bit of stevia and vanilla bean paste mixed in - I think it's delicious.
I will use up the rest of the turkey through the first part of next week - turkey pasta, turkey salad wrap, turkey frittata, turkey sarnie or toastie, turkey and veg rice . . . loads of ideas!
SW:  if I have some sauce, I will syn it but the rest should be free

Ss:  fizzy water, fruit

Body Magic:  some gardening

Ooops.  No healthy extras.  Well, the yogurt may not officially be a healthy extra but packs a calcium punch all the same and I'm sure the rice plus all those vegetables will provide a decent amount of fibre so I'm not too concerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment