Thursday 9 May 2019

Recipe: barbecue sauce

Here it is, from Pinch of Nom
http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-bbq-sauce-slimming-world/

To be honest, I might have been a bit random with the amount of tomato as I was using some left over chopped tomatoes and some bits of tomato passata from last year's crop that I found in the freezer but apart from that, I stuck to the ingredients apart from a couple of things.

The first was that I had no pepper sauce.  I thought I had some tabasco but no.  So I used some Lea and Perrins instead.   Tabasco is now on the shopping list!
The other was that I thought it could do with some soy sauce so I added some and it worked.

I zizzed the sauce and then pushed it through a sieve as I like that sort of thing really smooth.
And it's gorgeous!

Not only does it work with Hunter's Chicken as in the photo below, it would do as a dipping sauce or, obviously, as a barbecue sauce.  I have also discovered since that it's a great substitute for a cross between ketchup and brown sauce, delicious with a cooked breakfast or on a burger.   And it is syn free.  Can't ask for more than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment