Tuesday 7 May 2019

Tuesday, 07-05-19

Good morning.
Another good day yesterday, helped by the fact that it hurts to swallow so everything went down s-l-o-w-l-y.  I must try and develop that habit more!

Just one photo for the diary today - of dinner last night.  I dusted the chicken in cajun seasoning and added a few squirts of lemon juice to the bottom of foil before wrapping and baking and it was very tasty!
It looks loads but isn't really.  I'm trying to fit my food just onto the middle of the plate, not on the edge, as a form of portion control and, apart from the chicken and the dairylea in the swede, it's all speed veg.

The wrap chips I made for lunch yesterday were delicious.  I sprayed a wrap with oil, both sides, cut into 12ths, placed on parchment and baked at a lot heat until they were crunchy.  Then I sprinkled over some grated cheddar and gave it all a few minutes in a hotter oven.  Very nice dunked in the tomato soup. 

Today's menu:
B:  citrus waffles with berries and yogurt
I'm having a lot of this right now because it's so delicious.  It looks terribly naughty but isn't, not at all.
SW:  one healthy extra B for 40g oats and one syn for a pot of orange Mullerlight, 65g for the waffles and the rest on the berries.

L:  beetroot hummus, crudites, side salad
I have to make up (or find) a recipe for the hummus but it will involve beetroot (from a jar), chickpeas (from the freezer), garlic, lemon, quark and maybe a bit of dairylea light
SW:  if I use the cheese spread, it will be half a healthy extra A and if I have mayo with the salad, it will be one syn

D:  salmon, cheesy carrot and parsnip chips, broccoli and cauliflower
There's nothing unusual about this.  I will do the 'chips' the SW way and sprinkle over 45g grated cheese.  Nice
SW:  one and a half As for the cheese.

Ss:  mostly water, maybe an apple.



2 comments:

  1. I’m interested to hear which brand of quark you use please. It’s in a lot of SW recipes but it seems to leave an unpleasant aftertaste - that was using store’s own brand (Tesco).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use one from Aldi. It's the only quark I like; as you say, the rest seems to leave an aftertaste.
      xx

      Delete