Saturday 4 May 2019

Saturday, 04-05-19

Good morning!
We had a very nice time at the Millstream - me, Dad and his neighbours - and I did go a bit OTT but that's over now and today is right back on track.

So, here's the plans.
B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt
Half a healthy extra A for the milk and one B for the oats

L:  cold meat salad
Dad usually has ham in the fridge and I brought some salad veg with me - how's that for being sensible, eh?  I think I will drive over to Tesco or Sainsburies this morning and get some extra light mayo to keep here and if Dad doesn't have enough cold meat, I can get some at the same time.
One syn for the mayo and it will be worth having some here as summer approaches and salads will feature much more.

D:  lamb leg steak, potatoes of some kind (I'll ask Dad how he wants them done) and veg. 
Purists would shudder at the way we cook the lamb but we both like it that way, so tough! 
I put the steak in a small roasting dish, sprinkle over half a lamb stock cube and add some water, cover it all with foil and pop it in a low over for about ninety minutes when it is lovely and tender and you could cut it with a spoon.  I drain off the juices into a pan, add the rest of the stock cube and any other seasonings I fancy, maybe a bit of veg water and thicken the gravy with some bisto powder (the original kind which is only half a syn for a level tsp).  A little dollop of marmite and it's a really tasty gravy, Dad says.  Generally, I can take or leave gravy but I know Dad likes it
No dessert.  I always used to do desserts for Mum but neither of us are fussed.
Hopefully, this meal will be one syn for the gravy and one for some mint sauce (at home I'd make my own which would be free)

Ss:  water, water, water.  I have decided that today's strategy is that whenever I wander into the kitchen to raid the pantry I will have some water instead.

I've finished the recipe tabs.  I didn't realise I had posted so many recipes in here!  I'm very pleased I did it because now I can find then much more easily and if I'm stuck for ideas, I can quickly read down and find one I know I like. 
If you find any broken links, please do let me know - I'd be grateful.
Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I must try your water, water, water trick when I wander into my kitchen and not find a nibble of something. Just back from 8 days in Devon decorating mum's sitting room. Got it done in 4 very body magic days then too much tea shop and garden centre visiting. We always have a takeaway when we return as it's Devon to East Sussex, regularly 5 hours minimum so never feel like having anything 'good' by the time we've sorted unpacking etc. So shopping this morning and back to SW basics with a vengeance. We did take Pinch of Nom with us and cooked two recipes for Mum which she really enjoyed. Thanks for keeping me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a long journey - I wouldn't feel like cooking either. What a lovely thing to do though, helping your mum do her sitting room. I bet it was very satisfying.
      Good luck with the water - just don't stray too far from the loo! :-)
      And thanks for the encouraging words - much appreciated.
      xx

      Delete