Thursday 30 May 2019

Thursday, 30-05-19

Good morning!

Breakfast was a big success and I posted separately about it yesterday.  Definitely one to go on the 'regular breakfast' list!















Lunch was heated up leftovers with a salad and I honestly think it was even tastier than the day before.  I've also done a separate post on the turkey tomato gratin












When it came to dinner time, I really didn't fancy what I'd planned or maybe I just didn't fancy making the effort.  Either way, danger alert!
So I went a bit more expensive and opened a can of M&S steak in gravy and had that.  Just that, nothing else.  Hardly balanced, I know, but it really satisfied and I wasn't in the least bit tempted to nibble later on in the evening. so worth it as a one off.  It's 'free' on Slimming World so must be low fat, high lean protein, etc.

Today . . .
B:  bacon and egg muffin
Sounds naughty but it really isn't.  I will use a toasted Morrisons wholemeal muffin which ought to be a healthy extra B but isn't (booooo) so I'm not going completely SP today plus a SW fried egg and a couple of bacon medallions, together with some of my home made, syn free bbq sauce.
SW:  six and a half syns for the muffin (more boos and a few hisses)  :-)

L:  fruit and yogurt
My usual weighday lunch.  Probably an apple and some easy peelers with natural yogurt sweetened with a bit of stevia.
SW:  free

D:  taster evening
It's a taster evening at group so goodness knows but it will all be free or almost free foods (because that's the rule) and I do enjoy trying a variety of foods.

I'm taking sausages and bbq dip.
The dip is the one I made the other day.  It lasts for ages and improves with keeping so should work very well.
As for the sausages, I bought a pack of Heck chicken chipolatas yesterday which are half a syn for two sausages.  What I intend to do is twist and cut each chipolata into three little ones before cooking them so you get twelve for one syn.  They're not wonderfully flavoursome but should be great dipped in the bbq sauce and I might dust them with some bbq spice mix before spraying and baking them.

I think I've lost a bit since the terrible weigh in on Monday so fingers crossed, please!







2 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, fingers firmly crossed for you! The M&S steak in gravy sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, Sooze, I thoroughly recommend it. It's an expensive way of having steak in gravy but great for emergencies. I always have a few cans in. xx

      Delete